let see yer RAISED white letter tires....

CanCritter, I have five Goodyear H70x15s I'll get pics to you. I think I posted them for sale on here a while back.

If CanCritter can use them, I sure could!

I'm looking for a set for a 1970 Sport Fury GT I'm working on.

I sent you a private message regarding the tires.

Many thanks!!!!

If CanCritter can use them, I sure could!

I'm looking for a set for a 1970 Sport Fury GT I'm working on.

I sent you a private message regarding the tires.

Many thanks!!!!

All good go for it...not quite ready to buy yet but will definitely go this route.....
Can't say lve ever seen your GT....pics most welcome if you have some to share..

I'm going to be putting Cooper Cobra's on the 68 NYer in 255/60R15. Much to some folks disappointment the white letters will be going on the inside.

cobraradialgt.png

Hopefully I'll have them mounted up in the next week and I can take a picture.

I'm going to be putting Cooper Cobra's on the 68 NYer in 255/60R15. Much to some folks disappointment the white letters will be going on the inside.

cobraradialgt.png

honestly:
If you want a black wall look:
Why don't you buy a better tire than the crappy Cooper Cobra (80s technology tire).
Same as the good old BF Goodrich: They only make sense if you want to drive RWL (and don't want original Goodyears).
Otherwise there is a bunch of great black wall tires out there

Carsten

My X brown 71 ran Dunlops 255s up front and 275s on the rear.
DSCF0579.jpg

A closer look

118263 2004 left front.jpg

A good look at three choices of wheel and tire combinations
DSCF0572.JPG

My blue 71 235s up front and 275s on the rear
DSCF0204.jpg

One of my 70s 235s up front

193510 2014 oct 21.jpg

255s on the rear of this because of the more narrow wheel.....

193510 2015 5-24 (9).jpg

I think it needs more meat looking at it from the back

193510 2015 5-24 (4).jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

118263 2004 left front.jpg

DSCF0572.JPG

DSCF0204.jpg

193510 2014 oct 21.jpg

193510 2015 5-24 (9).jpg

193510 2015 5-24 (4).jpg

whats the widest l can go on a 7 in road wheel without haveing sidewall roll??
starting to think l should throw the 80s style 8in roadwheels l picked up on the rear and the oem 7in roadwheels on front...

starting to think l should throw the 80s style 8in roadwheels l picked up on the rear and the oem 7in roadwheels on front...

Now you're talking, put some fatties on there. Unless you're gonna trailer it put some serious meat under her ***

Everyone's spending your money critter.
Thank you.

....gezz....between my restorer and them am gona find myself in the poorhouse.....may have to move into Polara71s garage..would kill for a settup like that...screw the house give me a garage....

Agreed! 275 minimum (actually, don't think a 295 will work. Maybe on an 8" wide wheel, but certainly not a 10". Using a '69 rear axle will give a teenchy bit more room to play with...).

Really? Would you have pix of these that you could share. I got Matt's Road Wheels widened to 8" by The Mopar Dude in Kansas, but don't have pix (are in California awaiting shipment).

Would you have any 7" wide Road Wheels spare??

Did the same thing. Don't get me wrong, there is a place for RWL but not right for EVERY application.

cobraradialgt.png

Agreed! 275 minimum (actually, don't think a 295 will work. Maybe on an 8" wide wheel, but certainly not a 10". Using a '69 rear axle will give a teenchy bit more room to play with...).

Correct, the back spacing is key here on wider than 275s. The 275s are awfully tight on the wheel lip

Hi there CanCritter posted that he passed on your offer of the tires, and told me to ask you about them.

I sent you a private message two days ago.

I need them for my 70 Sport Fury GT project I'm working on, and would be happy to purchase them from you.

Please send me a PM private message!

Many thanks!!

Hi there CanCritter posted that he passed on your offer of the tires, and told me to ask you about them.

I sent you a private message two days ago.

I need them for my 70 Sport Fury GT project I'm working on, and would be happy to purchase them from you.

Please send me a PM private message!

Many thanks!!
Do you need all five? I know I will have one, if you only need four, I might be able to use the fifth.

Back