Let's see some Wagons!

My old Town and Country. DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

This 68 Monaco wagon on Craigslist is NOT mine, but I do kind of like it. Looks like the price has been reduced. Hope it finds a good home (but I don't like it enough to bring it home myself.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4532974030.html

$3,500 OBO

Car runs great - mechanically sound. Since buying it 3 years ago, I've redone the brakes (new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, lines) replaced the radiator, plus a lot of other odds and ends to make it roadworthy. I have receipts. 383 c.i. engine runs great.

Dual exhaust with glasspacks. Sounds awesome.

Power steering, power brakes. Power rear window works like a charm.

"3rd-row" seating.

Sits on 14-inch Crager mags for a cool effect. Good whitewall tires.

Interior in generally good condition except for the front seats, which need reupholstered. Needs carpet. Headliner is good. The dash clock even works (sometimes). Lights and wipers work.

This is a really unique car and I know I'm going to regret selling it, but I'm moving and can't take it with me. It's perfect for tailgating.

I bought it from a police officer in Luray. It's originally from the Tidewater area.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4532974030
posted: 13 days ago
updated: a day ago
email to friend

00F0F_9tlK1qOtIGc_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_5ZdwYyelngK_600x450.jpg

Here are a couple of Dodge wagons I have owned. The '63 Custom 880 six-passenger wagon was a 361 auto, with ps, pb, heat/air, AM, and carpeting. I bought it in 1993 for a hundred bucks! It sat under a huckleberry bush for over 10 years before I bought it. I flat-towed it home nearly 50 miles. Pulled the fuel line from the pump, installed a temp hose, stuck a battery in, checked the oil and water, turned the key...and it fired right up! The guy who bought it from me, drove it to Wisconsin a couple of times from Oklahoma, cold air and working A/C, to boot! A car I wished I'd never let go of.

The second is a '67 Polara nine-passenger car, 383 2-bbl, auto, ps, pb, air, AM, power rear window, and more. I bought this off the second owner, who was 80 at the time I purchased the car.. I test-drove it, and did a complete walk-around with her 60-yo son. I opened the tailgate, and lifted the third seat up. Neither knew the car HAD a third seat, and they'd owned the car since 1970! It was pristine, of course. The reaction of the lady was priceless. Her son said :Look, Mom, this has a third seat in it!"...to which she came around behind the car and exclaimed "Sonofabitch! We could've used that back in the day!". I sold it in 2001 to an Army officer, who lived in the woods of eastern Ohio. I trailered the car to him for a delivery fee. The trip was definitely worth it. Another car I'd love to have back.

63_dodge_880_wagon.jpg

wagon1.jpg

I'm a sucker for low mileage survivors. Absolutely great.

67 Town and Country

Someone asked a while back so here's a few more shots of my wagon. Unfortunately up for sale due to life's little unforeseen challenges.... know I'm going to kick myself at some stage!

P1100239.jpg

TM02.jpg

TM04.jpg

TM05.jpg

TM09.jpg

TM10.jpg

TM11.jpg

TM15.jpg

TM03.jpg

If so it would be in New Zealand I guess.

No US Customs fees, either, since it came from here to start with. Shipping would be a bear for that size of a car.

Thanks guys. Yes it's for sale in NZ ....listed here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-761892711.htm

I'm sure the price will seem high from a US perspective but it reflects the NZ $ cost I've got in the car including buying it out of CA and getting it to NZ, cleaned up and complied for New Zealand. Ifury8ors Beautiful Plymouth Wagon (a few post ago) is also currently on the market here with a similar price. I think it sits at a fair price level in NZ but the Unfortunate side effect of the NZ price is that it would never make economic sense to buy and ship back the US I guess....?

I have a blended family with 5 kids (why I wanted a 3 seat wagon in the first place) and we've had some unforeseen financial challenges of late and in order to move forward I've had to make the "VERY" tough decision to put the wagon on the market...

USD $21,149.12 as of 10 August 14. Figure about $4K to ship, and you'd have $25K in it, pretty easily. That is a beautiful car!

Back