Let's see some Wagons!

Here's an Illinois State Police Polara I spotted last month in Springfield, IL.
Is it a '71? Wish I had more details on it!

Illinois State Police Dodge station wagon_crop.jpg

We've had some great temperatures up here over the last few days ... I was out in the garage looking things over ... Kinda getting the itch to haul some cars out , I have a few that haven't been out for a long while but this year it will happen ....One in particular is my Other Gran Fury wagon ...I bought this car new , I was going to order a '77 but the salesman at the time said they have almost the identical car left over from a fleet purchase , it was a '76 and was Golden Fawn in colour instead of Inca Gold metallic that I wanted to order... it would still come with the "Clincher" a '76 Chrysler Corp 1 year unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty! To add to that a great price (non negotiable) ...the price in late summer of '77 ...$4850.
grannew.jpg

This is the wagon about a year later , I used to buy stuff for it every now and then , by this time I had purchased the full wheel discs to replace the hub caps , a hood ornament and the outside remote mirrors. The roof rack was next on the list ...my parents got me the rear assist handles for Christmas!

76subside.jpg

Here it is about 9 years later by this time I had purchased the premier wheel covers etc. and installed the third seat (not to worry the seat is the correct upholstery pattern ) . The crease in the right rear quarter was courtesy of somebody at the local shopping centre. Still need to fix that. My wife has hardly driven it as it's to big after we got married I got her a K car! The kids loved the "back back" seat ! Not to bad for 46 years of ownership. I have no idea of the mileage as I stopped keeping track
When I get it out this year I'll change oil and do a full service on it and it will continue to run as it always has. I promised the grand kids that they can ride in the "back back" seat!

Some more pictures... Most people when they see this wagon they comment on the condition , thinking it was a pampered pussy cat ... not so! It used to see some pretty ugly gravel roads into some northern construction sites I used to work at back then ! The key is in how you drive it ... In this picture I've got about another 175 miles to go! Studded Firestone Town and Country LR78/15 tires on all four corners she never lost her grip, lots of times there was a need to get out of the way of some heavily loaded logging trucks and/or flat beds hauling equipment! (A very helpful option code was F51 , Double bottom fuel tank)! Once on pavement black ice was never a problem when I had my leave we were heading home ...period , that 360 would cruise happily at 75 mph sometimes more!

at9mile (2).jpg

gf2.jpg

A bit of my artistic nature (ya right!) , I bought a new camera so naturally I to play with it , I thought this pic was kinda neat , The start of another journey to the North !

Here's mine. Sometime this summer, brakes, exhaust, new wheels and tires, and a damn good cleaning!

20230109_190647.jpg

20230109_190628.jpg

20230109_190618.jpg

20230109_190539.jpg

20230109_190420.jpg

20230109_190501.jpg

Spent the better part of the day removing the mechanical fuel pump and replace with electric to de-bug the fuel issues.
Headliner ,nah, it didn't get done today. Project for another day.
The T&C still needs some minor tuning, but it is getting plenty of fuel now.....

View attachment 539724
View attachment 539725

View attachment 539726

View attachment 539727

View attachment 539730

View attachment 539731
So that is what Xenon did with the wagon I sold him too cheap!!! I do like the wheel covers though and it does look nice except for all the useless smoke!

So that is what Xenon did with the wagon I sold him too cheap!!! I do like the wheel covers though and it does look nice except for all the useless smoke!
Had to prove it was worth something. It sure whines a lot though.

Thank you for the compliment.... :)
Not sure about the "too cheap" tho...
Bad motor, block cracked...
Roasted trans...
Interior toast...
Woodgrain decal wasted...
Needs paint...
However,, on the plus side..
The metal of the car is totally rust free....

Thank you for the compliment.... :)
Not sure about the "too cheap" tho...
Bad motor, block cracked...
Roasted trans...
Interior toast...
Woodgrain decal wasted...
Needs paint...
However,, on the plus side..
The metal of the car is totally rust free....
You knew all of those potential issues since I told you it didn't run and the radiadtor was empty and you saw photos of everything. Besides totally rust free, original but worn very desirable aztec gold paint, very straight body and all the very nice optional wheel covers that aren't cheap to come by alone and it was a very complete wagon. Go find another one for what you paid. Virtually all the options too and most of the power windows still worked. The price you paid was $1500 so I consider that a very good price for you. :poke:

You got the car because you said your were basically going to restore it again and that is what I wanted to happen to it more than anything, so thanks for doing that.

Last edited:
Back