Let's see your original tires

Guess I'll just have to buy them from Tire Rack and not get any warranty, aside from them.
I like to buy tires from a local installer whom I trust, but if they don't have what I want, then I order from TR and pick one of the installers where I can have the tires delivered and installed. The TR will give you a list of local installers. In my experience, some of them will give you an installation warranty.

I punched in my zip for installation and delivery option. Closest place is 50 miles down Big Horn Sheep Canyon.
Not so sure I want to take an unproven car on very questionable tires down that canyon. All sharp curves with a mountain on one side and the Arkansas river on the other.
Definitely one of the down falls of living in rural America.

OH, and the place that will install them is Big O tires in Canon city. Just so happens that the old feller that owns our Big O didn't sign up for that because he viewed it as competition. I just got to tell his guy that he lost 10 sets of tires just now because of that view point.
His daughter owns it now, hope she will slightly move forward with the internet world.

IF anybody might need the Hankook part number for the Kinergy whitewalls, you can download their whole catalog from their website (as I did).

Each of the tire retailers have their own networks they pull from, just as the local auto supplies and such do. Just because their network might not have any of the whitewalls in stock does not mean they do not exist, just that THEIR computer says they don't need to stock anything that only sells very rarely. Many would seek to sell you something they can get easily rather than seek to special order it, just like a new car salesperson. Which is where places like Tire Rack can come in.

Warranty? The tire warranty should be with the manufacturer, not the retailer, except in some specialized cases as tires that are unique to Walmart or others that have tires that look similar, but are not the same as what the retail stores have available to them (i.e., not in the normal retail chain). The retailer will be the one to "handle" the warranty through normal channels, though. You can buy the tires from Tire Rack and have them shipped to one of their installers in your area, if desired. Might check that situation out, just to see what's out there in your area.

Free rotations and such? Just how much are those things really worth? Almost everybody's got a good floor jack, some jack stands, and some sort of wrench and sockets to fit lug nuts, typically. From my experiences, a Chrysler front end is not that prone to get out of alignment unless there is a definite reason it might happen.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

image.jpeg
Not original tires,but still vintage treads that I got on my 61.

I still have the original 8.55=14 Goodyear Power Cushion for the BoaB. Not sure why..will never use it.
I have a set of "Safety 99" H78-14 rollers that work great on rolling projects..
Currently riding on 23570R15 on 15x7 Magnums.
1966 300 revival 032.JPG

boab april 2017 002.JPG

BoaB June 2018 002.JPG

Got a pretty good supply of bias ply tires. White wall black wall whatever you need. No warranty expressed or implied.

F7DA7E82-A166-42E9-B471-F60731182350.jpeg

D2DFE42D-868F-4E2B-8060-4A7276CD8896.jpeg

Not guaranteed to hold air, water, hope or happiness. Possible demise may occur your results may vary...

My Waygun came with bias ply tires including these meat grinding Toronado snow tires..I held onto them for 10 years and tossed them after moving them around too much..

DSC02052.JPG

odessa car show 008.JPG

I have now installed three sets of Kinergy ST onto my cars. The Dodge, the Park Lane and just yesterday the F100 all in WSW. Tires from Tire Rack in just two days. Everyone local said no such thing as Kinergy ST in their computer system. Told them to look at Tire Rack as it is there and I want three sets of tires totaling just under $1100. Just amazes me that local guys would turn down that much money from someone, in 6 months, they have dealt with before. Oh, well their loss big time in more ways than one as my Cougar is due up (just my luck in 7 months) and those tires are available locally. I can order from Tire Rack, get in 2 days, and found a small shop a 10 minute walk that will install the tires the moment I drive in.

Speaking of original tires I only have one and it still sits in the trunk of my Cougar where it has been since the car was put into service back on April 20, 1968. Why, because it is the only car I have had it's entire life and not second hand where previous owners dispose of previous tires.

Cougar_spare_01.JPG

I have now installed three sets of Kinergy ST onto my cars. The Dodge, the Park Lane and just yesterday the F100 all in WSW. Tires from Tire Rack in just two days. Everyone local said no such thing as Kinergy ST in their computer system. Told them to look at Tire Rack as it is there and I want three sets of tires totaling just under $1100. Just amazes me that local guys would turn down that much money from someone, in 6 months, they have dealt with before. Oh, well their loss big time in more ways than one as my Cougar is due up (just my luck in 7 months) and those tires are available locally. I can order from Tire Rack, get in 2 days, and found a small shop a 10 minute walk that will install the tires the moment I drive in.

Tire shop jamokes are on the bottom tier of mechanics, especially so at chain shops. They're usually incapable of "thinking outside the box".

Every time I've been to a tire shop it's been on par with visiting a prison yard.

Tire shop jamokes are on the bottom tier of mechanics, especially so at chain shops. They're usually incapable of "thinking outside the box".

Every time I've been to a tire shop it's been on par with visiting a prison yard.
You just haven’t been to the right shop yet LoL!!! I’ve had best luck for basic appliance type cars (the wife’s) at Discount Tire it’s called America’s Tire here in SoCal for some reason. They’re top tier but you gotta watch them like a hawk.

My best luck for important cars is race or Mom & Pop shop’s. We had a guy by Manzanita Speedway in south Phoenix that could do anything. He regrooved a lot of tires for my brother back in the day. He would also shave bias tires to make them round before balancing. He’d say anyone can balance a football, but does it ride smooth???

Tires can be frustrating and expensive if you’re not tight with a good tire shop. A box of donuts when you’re dropping off doesn’t hurt either.

Back