Look at my plate!

prd2bdf

Reaction score
I wanted to get a personalized plate for my first old car.

what do you think?

7981FA4D-F9BE-40F6-9F7A-2C4F42053C0B.jpeg

Nice photo, so wide the car gets out of the frame :)

Hope to see Loretta, your 1973 Navajo, at next year events.

Okay here’s mine.

824859F9-D54D-42FF-8DB6-F40CDBB3452F.jpeg

wide load is a good one. I thought of XXXL but figured EL anything is funnier and went with EL JUMBO. DMV screwed up the number spacing so it’s awfully perfect.

I was trying to find a good picture of the plates on both my cars without taking a walk out in the garage (sorry, it's a recliner and heating pad day) and I found this!
ERGJWBB.jpg

good god. That trunk looks like it goes on for miles.
I absolutely love all of your plates. So awesome
First, thanks for starting this fun thread. I (we all) could have predicted what your post would lead to! :thumbsup:

Second, I get the very same remark about the trunk all the time, most recently at a car show yesterday:
"Wow, you can put three bodies in there!"
My reply is "Four, if you chop them up first." :eek:
IMG_1926.JPG

First, thanks for starting this fun thread. I (we all) could have predicted what your post would lead to! :thumbsup:

Second, I get the very same remark about the trunk all the time, most recently at a car show yesterday:
"Wow, you can put three bodies in there!"
My reply is "Four, if you chop them up first." :eek:
View attachment 490308
You know... I get the same comments, although the trunk is never opened. I always counter with "Yea, but the spare takes up a lot of that room because it's a convertible". The knowledgeable say "oh geez, yea, it would" and those without need it explained.

I've thought a couple times of getting personized plates for my daily drivers, but aside from the expense, I don't like the recognizability of them. I mean, I never go anywhere that crazy, so "I saw your car at Adult World" won't come up in conversation... But after driving my old "lettered" shop van for a couple years, I really got tired of hearing "I saw you at so and so" from people I really don't know that well.

It's bad enough with the other cars...

Not sure if anyone else sees the likeness, but something about the front end of my long spotted Monaco reminds me of a muskellunge...maybe the plate would be more appropriate on my green wagon LoL
20190131_214412.jpg
20190524_205041.jpg
20210725_144008.jpg

Back