Reaction score
Static display.
In Branson MO.

7E555B47-A761-41B3-B4D9-1DC7904FFEE4.jpeg

7EE3FBF0-7540-4D82-9FDF-C369B7BFB041.jpeg

51B032F5-5FEB-4550-9F64-A0A5EE6730FE.jpeg

5018521A-B488-4BFB-A377-836C06A451FE.jpeg

At a glance I thought it said Polara.
My wife stopped in the middle of the street and I ran around it while taking pictures then jumped back into the car.
Sorry for the mistake!

At a glance I thought it said Polara.
My wife stopped in the middle of the street and I ran around it while taking pictures then jumped back into the car.
Sorry for the mistake!

LOL, no worries, sounds like something I would do.

Thanks for posting xxcarguy.

Whip antenna is period correct, light bar appears to be a later unit. Cruisers of that era usually did not have the chrome trim rings on the wheels (don't stay on in pursuit situations) or carpeted interiors. I suspect it is a clone of units used at that time but it is a nicely done eye catcher.

Dave

I think this is only meant to be a static display as the OP indicated and not meant to fool anyone beyond entertainment purposes. The nice thing is that, other then the spot light and whip antenna, it doesn't appear anything else that was added, permanently modified the car. Even the graphics look like they may be vinyl and not painted. As for the spot light, this is still the era when people added them for aesthetics.

It seems that there is a gap from the Forward Look cars to the C-Bodies. I for one, welcome all the full size cars to this forum.

What are they?
You raise a good question. About 10 years ago I saved a grainy pdf of a large chart that went back into the 50's which provided all the body designations. Of course now I can't put my hands on it. Likely on one of a half dozen sticks I've got lying around. Anyone else here remember that chart?

You raise a good question. About 10 years ago I saved a grainy pdf of a large chart that went back into the 50's which provided all the body designations. Of course now I can't put my hands on it. Likely on one of a half dozen sticks I've got lying around. Anyone else here remember that chart?

It's hiding in my files somewhere too. Mine's actually pretty clear.

We've had this conversation before and MOPAR started defining the ABCD and later E bodies from 1965 through 1978. The 65 880 was the same as the Polara and Monaco so the 65 880 is a C-body. I'm not aware of any specific designation for cars prior to 65. The Forward Look cars were a Marketing term but it seems that term wasn't used after 60 or 61. That's why I said there seems to be a gap. Hopefully others can educate me.

Chrysler's C platform was the basis for rear wheel drive full-size cars from 1965 to 1978. Although often misclassified, 1964 and earlier full-size Chrysler products, and 1966 and earlier Imperials are not C-bodies.

Wheelbases:

250px-1965_Dodge_Polara_white_convertible_md-f.jpg

1965 C-Body Polara

Back