Look but don't touch

polarus

Reaction score
Sorry about the photo's but the doors are locked, burnt orange dash pad for a 1970 Fury, no cracks! Spoke to the yard owner and he said it's not worth trying to remove it it's too brittle. Station wagon 046.jpgStation wagon 045.jpg

Station wagon 046.jpg

Station wagon 045.jpg

Start lathering it up with some moisturizers and conditioners now and go back for it in a few months.

In that case the seller shouldn't Charge much or let you have a try and Charge later, after all it's all lost anyways in his opinion.
I*d give it a try.

Do it......... the burnt orange pads are the hardest to come by and seem to have been the easiest to crack

I'd pull the whole dash , frame and all bring it home and try the remedies that others posted

He doesn't have a problem with me removing the dash, he thinks that it will crack as soon as it's touched.

Offer to buy the vent window crank handle and....
Wait for it...

YOU HAVE YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.

Your welcome. :D

Posted via Topify on Android

I'd pull the whole dash , frame and all bring it home and try the remedies that others posted
yes, pull the whole dash. drop the steering column and 6 bolts later it's yours. if you try to pull just the pad while it's in the car you probably will crack it.

Years ago, when there were still quite a few good cars in the junkyards, if there was a car there with a lot of good parts that I wanted, I would make a deal with the yard owner that for a set price I could take as much as I wanted off of the car. It usually ended up being pretty cheap too.

Back