Loss of my best Friend

Wonderful picture. Same colouring as my dog - but Diesel is 10 times or more as big, since mine is a miniature Dachshund. That being said, yes, it's like losing a family member.

Interesting - the first dog in our family was named Diesel.

Sorry to hear this.

Wobblers is tough... I've seen a couple Great Danes with it.

Very sorry for your loss, we have had 3 dogs in the past 27 years and #4 is almost 7. He is for sure my wife's and he will let you know it. He is a shorkie (shitzu/yorkie mix) 12 pounds of terror at least he thinks so. Great dog

Sorry for your loss, It's amazing how dogs truly are mans best friend and will stay by your side and always give you total unconditional love.

dog-god.jpg

Sorry for your loss I have always had a dog and they are definitely part of the family. It is a crushing blow when you lose them.

I still miss em all. I can name every pet I had growing up and distinctly list personality traits of each as if describing an animal sitting next to me. My first dog, Joey, who I got when I was ONE and was forced to put down when I was 21, I can still remember what the top of his head between his ears smelled like, what his bark was like in his younger days, his gate when the dysplasia got bad, every night taking him outside with a home made sling supporting his hind quarters in his later years and again, the smell on the top of his head between his hears when he was being put down. He was, for all intents and purposes, my brother. It took 15 years for me to get another dog. Now I have three and one cat. All you can do is cherish the days and keep the memories close to your heart when their time comes.

Thanks for posting here, man. I hope that you get some time to reflect on the beauty of your time with Diesel... Remember too, that released from the shackles of his earthly vehicle, he is now free to roam all of creation and be all around you.

Losing a pet friend can hurt the same as a people friend. Sorry for your loss.
Diesel had a good owner, looks like you gave him lot of love.

I still miss em all. I can name every pet I had growing up and distinctly list personality traits of each as if describing an animal sitting next to me. My first dog, Joey, who I got when I was ONE and was forced to put down when I was 21, I can still remember what the top of his head between his ears smelled like, what his bark was like in his younger days, his gate when the dysplasia got bad, every night taking him outside with a home made sling supporting his hind quarters in his later years and again, the smell on the top of his head between his hears when he was being put down. He was, for all intents and purposes, my brother. It took 15 years for me to get another dog. Now I have three and one cat. All you can do is cherish the days and keep the memories close to your heart when their time comes.

Thanks for posting here, man. I hope that you get some time to reflect on the beauty of your time with Diesel... Remember too, that released from the shackles of his earthly vehicle, he is now free to roam all of creation and be all around you.
So true... Thank you guys... I too was helping Diesel walk with a padded sling as his wobblers overcame him....
Although I am still heart broken, All of your stories have helped me so much.... Thank you guys for understanding....Dave

Back