Lurking for 3 years, now coming out

Can we see a picture of the fender tag too?

Thanks in advance!

Can we see a picture of the fender tag too?

Thanks in advance!
Here you go. Engine bay is just like day 1. The wiper motor is out because the plastic bushing on the drive arm broke recently.

20170818_165619.jpg

20170818_220639.jpg

20170818_165619.jpg

20170818_165559.jpg

That is some interesting fabric in that interior for sure. Not sure I'd have bought it that way when new but I love it now.

I just checked this thread.
Great Fuselage collection.
I remember both Charles Knee cars well (blue 69 and gold 70) that the guy who bought them sold them one after the other.
More pics of the 71 wagon would be appreciated

Carsten

I just checked this thread.
Great Fuselage collection.
I remember both Charles Knee cars well (blue 69 and gold 70) that the guy who bought them sold them one after the other.
More pics of the 71 wagon would be appreciated

Carsten
Sorry no pics of the interior, it's in really nice condition other than the dash pad.
71 Polara Flint Hills.jpg
71 Polara Wagon.jpg
Polara Tags.jpg

thanks for the pics.
The primered areas aren't nice it would have been great if it would still be untouched.
A fun project due to being a T-code car and being blue inside/outside.

I am looking forward to hear of its progress

Carsten

thanks for the pics.
The primered areas aren't nice it would have been great if it would still be untouched.
A fun project due to being a T-code car and being blue inside/outside.

I am looking forward to hear of its progress

Carsten
Yes I agree on the primer, the previous owner started to sand it down and then passed away shortly thereafter. A friend of his shot the primer on it so it could go outside :( I really wish it still had it's original patina. The only rust is surface rust in the rear well of the 3rd seat. It came with the original title! Shows 50k something on miles which I think may be actual. I'd been wanting/looking for a '70 or '71 wagon for a long time and this one was only 2 hrs away. Lack of woodgrain is the only negative to me.

Yes I agree on the primer, the previous owner started to sand it down and then passed away shortly thereafter. A friend of his shot the primer on it so it could go outside :( I really wish it still had it's original patina. The only rust is surface rust in the rear well of the 3rd seat. It came with the original title! Shows 50k something on miles which I think may be actual. I'd been wanting/looking for a '70 or '71 wagon for a long time and this one was only 2 hrs away. Lack of woodgrain is the only negative to me.

I agree 100%
To me woodgrain is a "must have" on a wagon.
Despite that it is a great placeholder till the perfect car comes along

Carsten

Take some "wash" lacquer thinner (it's cheaper) and soak a clean rag with it. (really soak it),..then rub in a circle; "wax on, wax off", and watch the primer wash away. (if it's single stage)

Then you will see if the previous owner sanded or scuffed the area, if your lucky he didn't and you can have your old patina back. Then with a clay bar, or wet sand and your back!

Just a thought.

By the way, thanks for sharing your collection, very cool cars!!!

Last edited:
Just found this thread. WOW, what a collection! I adore the ’70 Imp two-door.
The '70 Imp 2 door is my favorite Imp too. I sold the green '73 NY'er to the friend who I picked up the Newport for yesterday. Only car I've ever sold, kind of wish I still had it but eventually you have to let go of at least one or two.

This '63 Imp and '69 Imp were also orphans found at the crusher that escaped death. I drove the '63 off the trailer with the aid of a temp gas can, it's got some bondo and the interior is toast but still a good looking Imp.

P5051591.JPG

63 Imp.jpg

69 Parts Car.jpg

What a fantastic collection you have .. plus I love the rims on your trailer :D
:thankyou: for sharing the pics with us

Back