Lurking for 3 years, now coming out

It would be nice to see a few interior shots of both the ’70 Imp 2dHT, and the ’71 Imp 2dHT.

I just checked this thread.
Great Fuselage collection.
I remember both Charles Knee cars well (blue 69 and gold 70) that the guy who bought them sold them one after the other.
More pics of the 71 wagon would be appreciated

Carsten

I got the gold '70 and bronze '69 at the Kee auction. I planned on being there in person but it just didn't work out. I did the prebid thing on the internet thinking I'll make sure they don't just give away these 2 door fusey Imps, well they did as just about every car went for scrap price. I nearly got the blue '69 2 door as well, I hope it ended up at a good home. If I'd been there in person I would have had to just relocate out there. It was a c body auction of a lifetime.

It would be nice to see a few interior shots of both the ’70 Imp 2dHT, and the ’71 Imp 2dHT.
Here's a shot of the '70 interior, not much to look at but it's at least got a good dash pad. I've parted out most of the '71, it was of course a green interior and a Wisconsin car that had just about rusted back into the earth.

20180414_200158.jpg

Agreed, what a collection! Would you be willing to post the fender tag of (and even more information on) your '70 vert on this thread?

Lets Play A Game: Last Of The Convertibles

Well unfortunately it doesn't have much for options.
upload_2018-6-6_7-32-1.png

It came with an NOS left fender, but I hate to lose the patina of the existing. I think I can get the dent out and still have it look somewhat presentable.
upload_2018-6-6_8-5-29.png

It came with an NOS left fender, but I hate to lose the patina of the existing. I think I can get the dent out and still have it look somewhat presentable.
View attachment 190016

Carsten will forever be grateful to you for trying to preserve the patina :thumbsup:

Well unfortunately it doesn't have much for options.
View attachment 190014

Yours and mine alike are low-option 318/904 cars. Fewer things to go wrong! AFAICT, other than colors, the only differences are that I can proudly say I have tinted glass (G11) while you have rear bumperettes that I don't have (M85 vs. M81) :)

I went through the codes for fun during my coffee break, using MyMopar. Both of our cars were built in Belvidere, yours less than 8 weeks before mine:

DL27:
Dodge Polara,Monaco
Low
Convertible

G: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
0: 1970
D: Belvidere, IL, USA

118871: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
L2B3: Trim - Low, Vinyl Bench Seat, Unknown Color
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
908: Build Date: September 08
018223: Order number

V3W: White Convertible Top
M25: Wide sill moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M85: Front & Rear Bumper Guards
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V01: Mono Tone Paint Treatment

V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
END: End of Sales Codes

Note that MyMopar should update its info: L2B3 is NOT an "unknown color" for the bench. It is blue on blue vinyl, as per the Dodge Polara 1970 Color & Upholstery Selector (p.11, courtesy E-Bodies):

p11 1970_Dodge_Color_Upholstery_Selector_Polara-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was a little confused…...
A22 .............. 70-71 Elastomeric Colored Front & Rear Bumper Package

Back