Mark IV underdash install questions

A word to the wise - DON'T try to make your own hoses. I have never heard of anybody having success... spend the money and have a pro shop do the crimping. You'll save yourself a whole lot of grief. Everything else you can do yourself.

Raising hand... I did my own.

Spoke to VA today about mounting angles. Two degrees is minimum for drainage. They didnt have max angle. They said have to experiment. Too much angle, and condensation will go into blower and come out vents. I think CBody said the same thing. Also I mentioned their crappy mounting brackets. Tech agreed, he said most people make their own. Which is what I will do.

As for hose crimping, I read on here, and watched some non experts on YouTube make some without issues. Probably going to try my own. Thanks.

Go for it!! Keep us posted, as I will be in a position to make hoses or have them made in the future. I'd also like to here from Big John as to how he went about it.

BigJohn….that's what I plan on buying. 150 bucks or so. I check ebay for deals every night. I got scammed on that kit couple week ago. I think they were selling for like 30 bucks. I bought it, as did others, but in the end it was a scam. I figured it was. Ebay caught it and refunded PP right away.

Too many projects!! Thursday and Friday dedicated to the 300 AC project. Reinstalled gauges, made some brackets, but didn't like the way the AC would of been located off center, to the right. Now mocked up/centered over hump, ash tray still opens!! Will make some adjustable brackets like I have mocked up on the drawing. When installed, the new brackets will be angled back towards bottom of dash, not straight up like I drew. Was brain storming!

(All those 5" long screws in the box are for a project on my dually).

20180906_124532.jpg

20180906_124600.jpg

Bracket done. Just assembled, painted lower 3 bolts black, and back in the oven at 180* for an hour. The oven/heat smooth out the paint that was sprayed from the can. And makes for a very hard finish that is hard to scratch.

First bracket I brazed the joints, but had no adjustability. Second attempt I went with mechanical fastners to bolt the top/bottom, and side brackets. When installed, will only see the lower bracket that spans across the Mark IV. The side brackets and top brackets are not seen, as they are behind the 4 gauge pod.

20180909_185905.jpg

20180909_185909.jpg

Back