MAYBE something different

And yes, some of us C-body guys are A-holes

A/B/E body guys and C-body guys are on two different planets.
I might take offense to that first part, if it wasn't true.:lol:

I've owned E-bodies since about 1979, and the current one since 1982, but I have liked C-bodies since I was a little kid. But I get your point.

WOW, :thumbsup: I asked for opinions and got them .. and thanks for that.. I'll stick with A/B's.. I'm more of a performance guy anyway and its difficult to get 4000 lbs. plus moving.. NOT that some of you guys don't own fast cars, I'm sure there out there .. this guy is so far underwater with this car, to make an offer and then remove the offending things wouldn't make any sense .. nice place you have here :thankyou: ........ I'll be next door

All I can say is ............ RUN AWAY.....!

:welcome:

Collector Car Value Report
1965 DODGE POLARA 383-270hp (8cyl-2V) AT

MOBILE
#5 #4 #3 #2 #1
2dr Convertible 1225 3550 8375 12450 20600
2dr Hardtop 750 2100 5375 9025 14350
4dr Hardtop 600 1675 4300 7225 11475
4dr Sedan 550 1500 3875 6500 10325
4dr Wagon 1075 3350 7225 10925 18975

Add:
383-335hp (8cyl-4V) 5%
426-365hp (8cyl-4V) 25%
4spd manual trans 5%
Air conditioning 10%
Power windows 3%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission -10%

With the mods, I'd place it as a 3 condition. be tough to fix

EACH body platform has it's own MOPAR following. As might be expected, some desire to "cross-over" and others are happy where they are. Just normal stuff.

The E-body has a LOT of C-body drivetrain items in it. B-body has some too, just less of things like radios and such. The whole muscle car "thing" was about putting engine from larger cars into smaller cars. Those engines and transmissions generally came from Chryslers, as all other Chrysler divisions had smaller displacement engines (from the same engine families, though). A Chrysler 413 into a compact Dodge Lancer/Plymouth Valiant, for example. The rest is hot rod history.

One thing I was amazed at when I started going to Mopar Nationals was that EVERYBODY was there and they were ALL FRIENDS, cross-generational too. Everybody has their favorites. Everybody has the ones they desire to own/work on/modify/drive daily. ONE big family!

If given the choice to purchase a new car for my high school graduation, it would have been a Criimson Red w/white vinyl top Chrysler 300 4dr hardtop 375 horsepower car. I liked the '70 Dodge Challenger SE, but it didn't have a large enough trunk. When gas got tight a few years later, the Dart SE V-8 looked good, but still a little small for what I wanted to do, back then. Aspen/Volares were a really nice upgrade to the prior A-cars, a few years later, but more about looks than higher-performance (unless you ordered a "High Altitude 4bbl motor" out of that area). But by then, I was wanting a 400HO Cordoba (a police-spec drivetrain in the best "son of Road Runner" tradition!). Plus true dual exhaust/dual catalyst exhaust system.

When I found my current DH43N0D, a trade-in on a 1975 Charger SE, by the daughter of the original owner, it approximated what I would have ordered in a Chrysler 300, but with the medium green with dark green vinyl top, and 383 "N" rather than a 440. AND, the build date was "03-1970", which would have been just right for a May delivery date!

So, as much as I might like C-body rwd cars, I'll look at any other Chrysler Corp product that might fit my needs AND have the "family feel" that makes Chryslers so enjoyable to drive.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

WOW, :thumbsup: I asked for opinions. I'll stick with A/B's.. I'm more of a performance guy anyway and its difficult to get 4000 lbs. plus moving.. NOT that some of you guys don't own fast cars, I'm sure there out there .. this guy is so far underwater with this car, to make an offer and then remove the offending things wouldn't make any sense .. nice place you have here :thankyou: ........ I'll be next door

One year, when I ventured down to Brice Road in the light of the sun (rather than after dark, when the water balloons for non-Mopars tended to come out, back then), I saw a guy with a '69 Newport 2-dr hardtop. It was a darker color, with larger tires on the back than the front, with a little "nose-down" attitude to it. We got to talking. He had a 383 with the MP 292 cam and "J" converter, running a 4.30 rear gear. All pretty much from the Mopar Perf Race Manual "play book". He'd taken some of the interior out, for good measure. I don't recall his stated 1/4 mile performance, but he said he had no problem terrorizing the hot shot big block Camaros of the area. All it took was one "race" and they went to look for Fords instead. With a "Just a 383" (as we used to say) that makes power once the tires aren't overpowered with torque. Has to be "a balance", of sorts.

With any race car, that can be street-driven, it's more about the level of execution and driving skill than just "lighter weight" per se, by observation. There ARE Laws of Physics, it's how you manipulate them that's important.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

WOW, :thumbsup: I asked for opinions and got them .. and thanks for that.. I'll stick with A/B's.. I'm more of a performance guy anyway and its difficult to get 4000 lbs. plus moving.. NOT that some of you guys don't own fast cars, I'm sure there out there .. this guy is so far underwater with this car, to make an offer and then remove the offending things wouldn't make any sense .. nice place you have here :thankyou: ........ I'll be next door
Come on back any time!

All I can say is ............ RUN AWAY.

With the mods, I'd place it as a 3 condition. be tough to fix
I agree, run!
At best a 3.

WOW, :thumbsup: I asked for opinions and got them .. and thanks for that.. I'll stick with A/B's.. nice place you have here :thankyou: ........ I'll be next door

Most of the members here cross over the Mopar body platforms and own A, B, E bodys and several Forward look cars.
I grew up with Mopars. first new car was an A12 Road Runner, (have had two others also). Around 2000 I picked up a 1964 Chrysler 300 convertible and the B bodys stayed in the garage. I just sold my last one this year.

Come back and say "hey" now and then, and fell free to post pic's of your B bodys.
:welcome:

I was reading through this thread and wondering if anyone picked up on this...

"Motor - The motor was built by DETROIT PERFORMANCE CENTER in Fraser Michigan. I have over 5k in receipts for the build of the motor alone."

From it's website DPC it doesn't appear to focus on rebuilds rather performance parts. If the motor was completely rebuilt by someone else for 5K that's an exceptionally good price. If he did it himself then I'd want to know more about his experience.

Also if you go to the DPC home page you can see how he came up with the aesthetic for the engine bay.

In my view all price guides have a major flaw when it comes to C Bodies. The developers of the guide have very little data on which to base their #s since the market for our cars is so minuscule. In the case of this car, it seems a lot of the really ugly stuff is easily removed. If the body and mechanics checked out, I'm sure there are some here not fixated on originality, who would gladly shell out north of 10K for car.

Keep in mind Fred, the key word is "guide". The "Collector car value report" is the most accurate I've found. Real value is between buyer and seller and emotional factors come into effect.
And, while true that a lot of the "ugly stuff" can be easily removed, it would still need to replaced with correct items .... $$$$$. The dash and interior kill this car.

Don't get me wrong I think he's definitely shot himself in the foot from a marketing perspective. I just think that the price guides generally undervalue our cars particularly at the high end of the scale. In this case a true #1 car should sell closer to 20K than 15K.

IMG_0106.JPG

I feel i'm way ahead of the OP car.
Yeah i know but, I just like dual snorkels on a 4bbl car!

I might even put a set of Magnum 500s on the Monaco!!
That's just the wild 'n crazy guy i am!

Ive always found that interesting, many B's weigh the same as some C's but youll never get that B to be as comfortable as a C

Back