Measuring the transmission fluid level (727)

It's brand new. And doesn't work.

If you think the choke is the problem--most likely meaning it's not opening when the engine is fully warmed up and thus shouldn't stumble--block the choke to full-open somehow (ziptie in the choke linkage, remove it, etc) and see how it performs when nice and hot. If it's still stumbling, you have other problems, likely accel pump.

I think it's already tied open based on the behaviour when cold vs warm. The stumble when in gear at idle only happens 'sometimes' and it's more like the RPM just drops to the point where it wants to stall rather than going irregular. I've been unable to work out any guaranteed way to repeat it - also putting in 99 RON fuel seems to make it worse than 95, isn't regular in the US (it's a new import) something like 91? Timing could be completely out.

At least my transmission level is correct now.

At least my transmission level is correct now.

And you know what automatic transmission torque converter "stall speed" is. :thumbsup:

And believe me, I wish that whoever came up with stall speed had called it something else to eliminate generations of confusion. Perhaps it relates to an airplane's "stall", which is when the airflow over the wings ain't workin' no mo'. But "converter rev limit" would have been a better name for situation.

And you know what automatic transmission torque converter "stall speed" is. :thumbsup:

And believe me, I wish that whoever came up with stall speed had called it something else to eliminate generations of confusion. Perhaps it relates to an airplane's "stall", which is when the airflow over the wings ain't workin' no mo'. But "converter rev limit" would have been a better name for situation.

This site is awesome due to (also) off-topic mechanic facts here and there.

Back