Model car collections Let's see them!!!

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ok I'm a bit in the tank from pain relievers so I decided to post all my model and toy cars...:)
Please ignore the hippo... LOL!!!

IMG_2472.JPG
IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
IMG_2463.JPG
IMG_2465.JPG

Here are some pics of my 1/18 collection. These pics are older. Some I have sold and added others not pictured. I believe I have around 315-320 right now. Not pictured(or on display yet) are over 2000 hot wheels. I also have in the neighborhood of 1000 Johnny Lightnings. Countless 1/24 and 1/43 also. And this does not even touch on my huge Marilyn Monroe collection.

Basement pictures-cars 001.jpg

Basement pictures-cars 002.jpg

Basement pictures-cars 003.jpg

Basement pictures-cars 004.jpg

Basement pictures-cars 005.jpg

Here are some pics of my 1/18 collection. These pics are older. Some I have sold and added others not pictured. I believe I have around 315-320 right now. Not pictured(or on display yet) are over 2000 hot wheels. I also have in the neighborhood of 1000 Johnny Lightnings. Countless 1/24 and 1/43 also. And this does not even touch on my huge Marilyn Monroe collection.
Wow...

Was there ever a 69 Fury 2 door model car available? Nice collections guys.

I have tried and have found nothing. Interestingly I have a diecast model of my Omni GLH turbo but nothing for a 69 Fury.

Wow for both collections. Now if someone had asked to see a collection of US Navy aircraft models and US Navy carrier models then...

I would love to see them.

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG

I'm more into 1/25 scale plastic promos and kits. I've had some of these since childhood. Some diecast if an interesting subject. Too bad the annual Challenger promos aren't made anymore.

I had a dozen or so on display at the local hobby shop for years... went by one day to check and they'd closed up. I was ticked - those models were my pride and joy.

I had developed a technique for doing beautifully detailed dashboards etc - I could pick out all the speedo numbers etc...

Well here are a few cars I collect now and again, not often and it is a bit different, the slot cars shown are cars I built awhile ago, I have yet to make a track to run these on. I would like to one day build a couple of cop cars out of C-body 1/24 scale kits. The big orange thing is a 1971 Cuda approx 1/10 scale? Huge thing that is radio control, cost me $15!!

car toys.jpg
slot cars.jpg
slot cars1.jpg
slot cars2.jpg

While it's been on hold for years now, I'm building a one-off Canadian 66 Monaco 500 w/4 speed (same as the real one I own!) by combining two 1/24 scale kits.

I found an NOS Monaco kit (MPC) but of course it uses the USA interior, so I took a gamble and found an NOS (Johan I think?) 66 Sport Fury kit with the correct for Canadian Monacos interior with the extra bonus of being a 4 speed model.

I tried the Fury dash and interior tub in the Monaco body and it was a perfect fit!!

Sooner or later I'm gonna finish it!!

Mine are all in storage at the shop but I sure enjoy seeing these collections, keep them coming.

Was there ever a 69 Fury 2 door model car available? Nice collections guys.
As a very old model builder I do know that JoHan models did most of the Chrysler models and promo's in the 60's and for some reason did not make the "C" body models after 1968. MPC models made the Dodge ones. And yes I built all of them.

Back