NOT MINE Mopar History will be made today!!!

Nice to see and hear, but a little out of my reach :wideyed:

FB_IMG_1621628406618.jpg
4.8M bid= no sale

Last edited:
What do you even do with that? Not like you'll take it to the local cruise. I am confused, did it sell for $4.9 mil?

What do you even do with that? Not like you'll take it to the local cruise. I am confused, did it sell for $4.9 mil?
No, it didn't meet the reserve bid at that price. At that level they're not cars anymore, they're collectibles more akin to famous art pieces. Some people with very rare cars loan them to museums. A lot of cars on display at the Petersen and even some down in the vault are not owned by them but just on loan.

There's a guy that owns a collection of rare E-bodies. He bought one of the '71 Hemi Cuda convertibles when it came up for sale at auction and set a new record price. He was interviewed and was asked, "Are you worried that you paid too much?" He explained that the value of all rare E-bodies is scaled based on the value of the '71 Hemi Cuda convertibles. By "raising the bar" on the value of that car, his entire collection jumped in value by many thousands of dollars.

Open bid call was $7M and I suspect reserve was around there, looks like Mecum was trying get back up to it's 2014 high.
This car was pretty high mileage at 98,553 kilometers (61,237 miles). No real mention of any work or restoration done on the car.
Only thing in the collection that sold was the Hemi Challenger "Reserve is OFF!" @320k hammer.
Link to just the "Class of 71 Collection" collection.

Back