Mopar schooled....

68blackbird

Reaction score
Ok, after 2 weeks of trying, the new shoes are on. This Mopar stuff is nothing like I've worked on before....

2 weeks ago I order tires/wheels from Discount Tire, they show up...oops, lug pattern is wrong, we're sorry, will get new one's at end of the week...

Wheels show up, get a call from DT, Mr. Murphy, we have another issue "seems your car has Rt hand threads on Rt side, left hand threads on left side", told me they ordered a set of left lug nuts but would be another week before they come in...nope, give me the tires/wheels, I'll just change the studs...have to go to 2 different O'Reilly's to get all the lug nuts. Get home, jack the car up from differential, like I ALWAYS do on my Firebirds, #*&#@ wheel won't come out, wedged against fender, just about to post here for help, then the light goes on for me, jack it up from frame dummy...so, get all the lefty's pressed out, get the front one's in, oops, the back lugs have a bigger serrated shank than the front...back to O'Reilly's for more lugs....

Well after this episode, the efforts were all well worth it, IMHO...I really like the 17" AR wheels & 245/45 tires. I always got a lot of attention with my Firebird's and am getting as much in this short time with this beauty. Thanks for all the help up to this point guys, I am quite sure I'll be back for more help...soon, Kel

P6210003 (Large).jpgP6210005 (Large).jpgP6210007 (Large).jpgP6210008 (Large).jpgP6210009 (Large).jpg

P6210003 (Large).jpg

P6210005 (Large).jpg

P6210007 (Large).jpg

P6210008 (Large).jpg

P6210009 (Large).jpg

I'm not normally a big fan of non factory colored cars but yours looks great, seriously! Very nice!!

I'm not normally a big fan of non factory colored cars but yours looks great, seriously! Very nice!!

x2, a tasteful Color Combo with just a yellow and black theme helps a lot.

Back