Mopar Spring Fling

More cars with some C-body parts too.

Mike and Co will have a swap booth at the show and he has Forward Look and C-body parts. Seen some great C-body parts over the recent years. It ebbs and flows as with any show. Prices are usually cheaper here out west and better condition.

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

I think there is a set of rear C-body Imperial Disk brakes in the center left of the first picture for sale.

I know there were more Forward Look and C-body parts and cars. But it's tough for me to take pictures of every swap spot and car and help coordinate the show.

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

SF15SteveSunSm104.JPG

SF15SteveSunSm096.JPG

SF15SteveSunSm098.JPG

SF15SteveSunSm100.JPG

Online registration is available now on our completely new Autowebworx website (thanks Tim for all the hard work!) :

Registration link

Show Flyer

Flyer link

FAQ link

All Spring Fling info

Post if you are swapping and see if there are specific parts requests.

Airtel hotel is still honoring the $99 discount rate with free breakfast. It's an additional $40/night for trailer parking. Alternative hotel for trailer parking is the Holiday Inn Express on Roscoe Blvd.

Wingcar West Coast Nationals : 20+ Wingcar Display! Special added classes. 3/8 scale wind tunnel car and other historic displays.

Special Guest: Chrysler Factory Engineer Bob Torozzi of Super Stock, NASCAR and Top Fuel development. The Sam Posey #77 Race Challenger Trans Am and Hemi Super Stock Dart will be on display with Bob.

img418.jpg

FREE Commemorative 30th Anniversary baseball caps to first 500 Show Field participants.

Spring Fling XXX
April 23 & 24 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
700+ Mopars, 300+ swappers, manufactures midway

SPRING FLING 30th Anniversary 2016 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thursday April 21

Spring Fling Speed Festival Mopar Track Day
• 8am-5pm: @Willow Springs Rosamond, CA 2.5mi road course
• 7am Drivers meeting at Track Diner
• 8am New driver instruction class and ride along instruction. Run groups sorted by experience
• Lunchtime Drag Races open to spectators cars and spectator parade laps around track!
• $325/car. Discount of $50 for Registration prior to March 31st.
• Trans Am team engineer Bob Tarozzi will be in attendance
• 1970's Petty Suspension Engineer Bill Suber will be in attendance.
• #77 Sam Posey race Challenger from the 1970 SCCA Trans Am season will be on track at speed with us!
• See Spring Fling Speed Festival X for details.

Friday April 22

Spring Fling Malibu Cruise
• 9:30am-lunch: @ Woodley Park show grounds parking lot
• 50+ Mopars. FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees.
• Travel though Santa Monica Mountains, stop at Rock Store, cruise along beach, lunch in Malibu.
• See website and Facebook for up to date details. Contact: [email protected] (MoparJ here on FABO)

Spring Fling Motion Picturecar Warehouse Meet-n-Greet Kick-Off Party

• 5-9pm: @ 8400 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324.
• Behind the scenes TV and Movie cars get together tour.
• FREE ADMISSION Open to all Spring Fling attendees.

Saturday April 23

SPRING FLING

• 7am-4pm: Swap, Manufactures Midway, and Show 'n Shine show car field
• 10:00 am: Car show and swap entry gate closed. All vehicles remain parked
• 1:00pm: Exit gate opens
• Fair-Chance Swap: no pre show swap setup day. No parts being sold between swapper before regular spectators (hobbiest) can enter swap area.
• FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

Spring Fling all Mopar Cruise-In
• 4-8pm: Bob's Big Boy Mopar Cruise In. 8876 Corbin Ave. Northridge, CA 91324
• FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees.

Sunday April 24

SPRING FLING
• 7am-4pm: Swap, Manufactures Midway, and show car field with judging
• 10:00 am: Car show and swap entry gate closed. All vehicles remain parked
• 10:30 am: Judging begins. If you don't want judging, please indicate that on show placard.
• 1:00pm: Exit gate opens
• 2:30pm: Judged show awards ceremony
• FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

7859740-CopyofDSC_2031_FF07Aerial.jpg

THE largest Mopar swap meet west of the Mississippi...

8298723-IMG_2311.JPG

Midways like Mr Moparts with lots of new parts and goodies

8298723-IMG_2335.JPG

Cars For sale in Swap and Show field

8298723-IMG_2266.JPG

Fun Field on Saturday with no formal judging: works in progress, Mopar spirit, cars that don’t fit into traditional classes, exceptional cars, survivors, etc. Bring your show car, project car, daily driver, whatever.

On Sunday Judging is available if you want. No pressure. Cars will be parked in body and year groups. Like C-bodies all parked together. C-body modified, 57-61 stock, 300 and 300 letter are parked together too.

101_1299_zpswu1crcxh.jpg

101_1256_zpsimnbcgpf.jpg

Massive 50 car Friday Malibu Cruise! FREE event. Special Spring Fling 30th Anniversary window stickers to participants.

20130510_120811.jpg

FREE Friday Night Kick-0ff party at Picturecar Warehouse. Bring your car, tour, and checkout movie cars!

DSC_39154x6captioned_zps3870dea2.jpg

I personally have bought two there and drove them back to Phoenix. A 73 T&C wagon and a 70 Newport. There's a chance I'll buy another one each time I go!

Thanks for posting the pics autoxcuda. I love the 57 and 58 plymouths. Maybe one will be for sale this time.

I don't know who Mike is,where about is his booth with the forward look stuff?

I am going for the first time this year. I just happened to pick this coming week to randomly enjoy some AZ sun. I told a friend from Moparts (Mark, azmopar) and he said "that's spring fling, you gotta go." So I shall.

At the time I hadn't even bought a return ticket, figuring I'd buy something in AZ and drive back. Found a flight out from LA to Detroit, and my Phoenix rental car is CHEAPER to drop at LAX.

I get into Detroit at 4:30 AM Sunday morning... I'm going to try and make the all Mopar show at Packard proving grounds the same day. If I don't die trying.

Thanks for posting the pics autoxcuda. I love the 57 and 58 plymouths. Maybe one will be for sale this time.

I don't know who Mike is,where about is his booth with the forward look stuff?

He's just in the swap meet section. You need to walk through it all and find it and look for other parts mixed in with everything else. The whole show is on grass so it's easier on you feet than hot hard asphalt.

FYI The grass can get Dewey at 6:45-7:00am in the morning, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring second set of shoes and socks just in case. By 8 or so it's dried up.

I am going for the first time this year. I just happened to pick this coming week to randomly enjoy some AZ sun. I told a friend from Moparts (Mark, azmopar) and he said "that's spring fling, you gotta go." So I shall.

At the time I hadn't even bought a return ticket, figuring I'd buy something in AZ and drive back. Found a flight out from LA to Detroit, and my Phoenix rental car is CHEAPER to drop at LAX.

I get into Detroit at 4:30 AM Sunday morning... I'm going to try and make the all Mopar show at Packard proving grounds the same day. If I don't die trying.

Judging by your comments and what I've seen you post over he years....

Get there early at 6:45 am on Saturday, maybe 6:30. And scope the swap meeters in line an wait for them to unload parts. The first swapper is let in at 7:00am sharp. Most the running driving cars will be for sale in show field. The show field opens at 7:00am too. Peak over at the show around 8:00 to see if there cars for sale showing up. Also cheap people will park for sale cars out on the street. Cruise that around 9:30. Then recheck swap and go to show cars.

There is a FedEx Kinkos 1.5 miles from show and it's open 24 hours if you have to ship.

Shows out here in California are what I call "early on, and early off" meaning lots of action early and people start leaving around 1pm and things really slow by 2:30pm. You've got to stay focused till noon.

Last edited:
He's just in the swap meet section. You need to walk through it all and find it and look for other parts mixed in with everything else. The whole show is on grass so it's easier on you feet than hot hard asphalt.

FYI The grass can get Dewey at 6:45-7:00am in the morning, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring second set of shoes and socks just in case. By 8 or so it's dried up.

I'll be sure to wear my PF Flyers so I can run faster,jumper high and find things quicker. Lol

Shows out here in California are what I call "early on, and early off" meaning lots of action early and people start leaving around 1pm and things really slow by 2:30pm. You've got to stay focused till noon.

Thanks for the info, but trust me, early on/off at swaps is one thing we have in common with California! I have a few swap things to look for, but nothing super rare & awesome. I'd probably ask Mark to hold onto anything I bought of consequence since if I DO buy anything out there this time (car), it would to be shipped. I'd also like to do a second trip when it's really hot and go tubing on the Salt river, + road trip cross-country so I could be back in July/August.

Problem is... I just bought a C-body yesterday that was listed on Detroit CL (gone now) but it's not at my house yet. I need space and don't want to say much till it's here. There will be some jealous slab-siders... :D

Carmine,when did Chrysler use that logo you have in your icon? I've never seen that before.

Never! When the Pentastar had it's 40th anniversary, the PR department showed some of the rejected logos that didn't make the cut. This one wasn't used because it was considered "too GM". I kinda thought it was cool anyway + I love alternate history stuff.

Thanks for asking, no one ever has and I've used it on forums for years.

Never! When the Pentastar had it's 40th anniversary, the PR department showed some of the rejected logos that didn't make the cut. This one wasn't used because it was considered "too GM". I kinda thought it was cool anyway + I love alternate history stuff.

Thanks for asking, no one ever has and I've used it on forums for years.

I'my surprised nobody has ever asked either and I do think it's a cool looking logo too. I don't see anything GM about it other than GM seemed to use that shade of blue on thier parts boxes,etc. My favorite still is the Forward Look boomerang logo. I even have a gold watch from 1960 that has that logo on the face.
Now you've got me curious as to what the other rejected logos looked like. Is there a site where I can view them?

Last edited:
I'my surprised nobody has ever asked either and I do think it's a cool looking logo too. I don't see anything GM about it except other than GM seemed to use that shade of blue on thier parts boxes,etc. My favorite still is the Forward Look boomerang logo. I even have a gold watch from 1960 that has that logo on the face.
Now you've got me curious as to what the other rejected logos looked like. Is there a site where I can view them?

I think I see the commonality... Both are squares with words at the bottom. A requirement of the new logo was "no words", so it would be understood in any part of the world (back when we had ambition). I remember one of the other rejects had a letter "C" that was 3D hexagonal like a nut. I'll see if I can find some more when I get back from vacation. I like the boomerang too, but it's a tough shape to use on signs, or reproduce because it's so easy to get the angle wrong.

Midway Vendor List

Sponsors (At beginning of Midway area)

www.classicindustries.com

www.davidcareyinc.com (Mopar licensed apparel)

www.justdashes.com

www.laysons.com

www.mrmoparts.com

www.stephensperformance.com (AMD Sheetmetal, Glass, etc)

www.ttiexhaust.com

www.autowebworx.com (Automotive website creation- not in attendance)

Midway

www.calcarcover.com

www.chryslerpower.com

www.franbishopracing.com (Metro Weatherstrip dealer)

www.gearvendors.com

www.glendorachryslerjeepdodge.com (Direct Connection, Milodon, TTI)

www.hagerty.com

www.legendaryautointeriors.com

www.moparcollectorsguide.com

www.motechperformance.com

www.themoparshop.com

www.herbparts.com

www.restorationradiators.com (Repro Radiator, Trans & P/Steering Coolers)

www.abcmoparts.com (Repro dash and arm rest pads)

Atomic Speed

www.tirestickers.com

www.1320graphix.net

Dale Anderson (New Tools)

www.barlowinsurance.net (classic insurance broker for many Co.’s for best fit/price)

Last edited:
Yes, there will be some FL and C Bodies there, always are. Not too may as has been said, but still there will be some. All of the following were taken at a Spring Fling:
IMG_0778.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
2.JPG
7.JPG
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5956.JPG
IMG_5951.JPG
And you might even ser an AMC or two!
IMG_5914.JPG

Back