Moparfest 2020 Cancelled

Bummer, but understandable, I suppose. I have to imagine the committee weighed the variables of available time to make the event happen and trying to crystal ball when the restrictions will be lifted.

That's too bad. I've been really wanting to get to that show for a couple years now.

I was talking to a guy I know that's heavily involved in a large car show. He told me that they might not be able to pull the show off this summer. This is the time when the larger shows are pulling things together and everything is still up in the air. The businesses that contribute and sponsor shows aren't going to have the extra funds to give. You can't get people together to work on it etc.

Things will be different this summer...

Both Maggie and I are dissapointed.
We had set the goal to finish the 69 Fury III and she was going to do her "national debut" at Moparfest.
I already paid and registered my 73 Satillite wagon but hoping they can keep my payment for 2021

Stop editing my quotes because I don't understand what's going on @67Monaco . Again you've quoted me but altered the text to change the meaning because you thought it would be funny. I let it slide the first time, but this is the second time in a month. :mad:

That's what FIFY you means... Sheesh. Fixed It For You. Your original text in your post is unaltered.

You know if you put me on ignore you wouldn't see the altered text and thus wouldn't be offended by anything.

GFY.

:p

That's what FIFY you means... Sheesh. Fixed It For You. Your original text in your post is unaltered.

You know if you put me on ignore you wouldn't see the altered text and thus wouldn't be offended by anything.

GFY.

:p
I know what FIFY means, and I saw you did it again ahole. I don't want to ignore you so I don't see your misquotes. I don't want you to misquote me so NOBODY sees me misquoted.

Hi, I'm 67Monaco. I ate the bat that gave everyone coronavirus. Ha ha!

I kNoW wHaT fIfY mEaNs. I don't want to ignore you so I don't see you correcting incorrect assumptions. I don't want you to misquote me so NOBODY sees me misquoted.

Hi, I'm 67Monaco. I ate the bat that gave everyone coronavirus after I had my way with it. Ha ha!

I kNoW wHaT fIfY mEaNs, and I saw you did it again ahole. I don't see you correcting incorrect assumptions. I don't want you to misquote me so NOBODY sees me misquoted.

Last edited:
How did this thread go like this??
tenor.gif

Because I changed his quoted text to say whatever I wanted it say, instead of writing my own comment.

I guess since he doesn't like to have other people speak for him, it means he likes the mass hysteria and would rather blame the virus. Non sequitur bad. Slander good.

best I can figure.

MMM, Slander doesn't mean what you think it means. Not even libel. Bad journalistic reporting at worst. Your original text stands and thus anyone with half a brain would understand I changed it (evenwithout the FIFY), and as such the words are mine. I'll stand by wait for the head office to reassign me.

:welcome:

Last edited:
MMM, Slander doesn't mean what you think it means. Not even libel. Bad journalistic reporting at worst. Your original text stands and thus anyone with half a brain would understand I changed it (evenwithout the FIFY), and as such the words are mine. I'll stand by wait for the head office to reassign me.

:welcome:
You've provided the perfect example of why your misuse of the ability to edit quotes is wrong:

1. I have the right to not express an opinion, and I will defend that right. You took my glib, off-the-cuff statement and ascribed YOUR opinion to it in my name, thereby depriving me of my rights.

2. When I complained, you used an ad hominem attack to conclude that I must disagree with your opinion because I disagreed with what you have done. You thereby made me appear to be your opponent, and the opponent of anyone else who shares your opinion.

3. It is not acceptable to say that it's inconsequential, i.e. "anyone with half a brain would understand" since the original text in my comment is unchanged. Casual readers should not have to fact-check every quoted post to ensure that they're not altered. Someone may scroll past some posts and only stop on ones which others have replied to, since they were obviously interesting enough to garner a response. (I do that when I'm speed-reading through a forum thread to catch-up.) So a reader may only see the mis-quoted post and thereby form an opinion about me. Lots of people, especially on a car forum, can't be expected to know what the internet slang term "FIFY" is.

3a. "anyone with half a brain would understand" ... Abusive fallacy is another type of ad hominem character attack.

4. This is a slippery slope. Yours was a minor transgression on a relatively backwater forum, but if you made a mis-statement in someone's name about a popular topic which then got picked-up by a search engine, they could wind-up with a lot of unwanted attention. Can you imagine the trainwreck that would ensue if Twitter allowed the power to edit a quoted post?!

5. Because of all of the above, as well as your most recent post which I quoted above, what you have done IS slanderous. Your attempt to discredit me as not knowing what I'm talking about, and compare me to the MSM, are two more types of ad hominem attack (credentials fallacy, association fallacy).
slander: make false and damaging statements about (someone).

If you still don't get it after this explanation, then I think you're part of what's wrong with society today.

Ah I haven't attempted to discredit anything. I merely changed some text in a quote box of which your original post and original words exist. Nothing you actually typed has been altered. And the whole of the "backwater forum" can still see them as you posted them.

Calm down Karen.

Back