More Apocalypse news from Kalifornia republic of...

I’m not renting. I’m road tripping from Michigan.
I’ve driven the PCH returning to LA from the Reagan Museum.
Not the most scenic stretch. We have as good or better here.
Ok. Yah that doesn’t really count. I’m talking cayoucas Cambria San Simeon big sur Monterey etc etc. if you’ve never ridden on that stretch you’re gonna love it. There’s a real cool auto museum up in Danville called the Blackhawk. Just FYI bud.

Last edited:
Holy crap!
Next spring I’m taking a long planned road trip out west to visit brothers and their families.
After a stop in Phoenix I’ll drive the PCH up to the bay area to visit another brother and family.
Then race for the Nevada border and on to Colorado.
Between Venice Beach and S.F. it should be entertaining. Hopefully they haven’t effed up the coast road with it’s views yet.
The brother in the Modesto area already misses the Great Lake State after only two years.

Coastal route of U.S. 1 still as beautiful as before.

I'd feel sad if i lived in Modesto.

Regular gas today at 3.89

Coastal route of U.S. 1 still as beautiful as before.

I'd feel sad if i lived in Modesto.

Regular gas today at 3.89

This November is our first trip up to Monterey since the hwy slid into the ocean. It’s been closed for a couple of years up by Big Sur. The funny/sad part was repairs were delayed forever because some dim bulb wanted all that dirt fished back out of the ocean. All the contractors just looked at their feet & kicked rocks around until they realized that this was impossible. It was about 2-3 miles of road that slid in including a mountainside. How the heck you gonna dip that out of the ocean ??? Look it up it was the crazy slide up by the bixby bridge.

Back