Mr C's road trip. Wagon train

If that's the number, I'd believe it. Little primaries sipping fuel vs my big as secondaries primaries. With how I drove my car still getting on it and getting what I got for milage, I don't think that's out of line.

Found it, I don't think it's too outrageous of mileage claims that it's not believable
That was my "record" number until this trip. I broke that record, and through the mountains, no less. I'm very happy with my long roof!

Was your mileage record through the Rockies in Montana??

I only ask as I had phenomenal mileage through there while pulling a loaded trailer at 5-7000 feet. Beat any other trips on that rig in 15 years and 125K miles by 3mpg and a full 6 above the norm.

Was your mileage record through the Rockies in Montana??

I only ask as I had phenomenal mileage through there while pulling a loaded trailer at 5-7000 feet. Beat any other trips on that rig in 15 years and 125K miles by 3mpg and a full 6 above the norm.
Mileage calculated thus far was from Seattle to Butte, so, yes...although there was more mountain climbing after Butte too. The weather no doubt played a role as it was 50's overnight to highs in the 70's so the car ran nice and cool.

Mileage calculated thus far was from Seattle to Butte, so, yes...although there was more mountain climbing after Butte too. The weather no doubt played a role as it was 50's overnight to highs in the 70's so the car ran nice and cool.

Any issues with engine cooling temperatures going through the mountains? How many radiator cores do both vehicles have?

Any issues with engine cooling temperatures going through the mountains? How many radiator cores do both vehicles have?
No cooling issues whatsoever...temps climbed on the hill climbs, but never past half. I'm not sure what the rad cores are.

Back