My 1973 Imperial coupe

Really nice car! hos is the interior?

The backseat in the 4 dr ht:s is VERY roomy. Hows the backseat in the 2 dr ht?
K800_IMG20230720141012.JPG

rear seats are pristine. I figure they have never been used in 50 years. There´s not even a wrinkle in the leather.
The bucket rear has been rebuilt. It was cracked like they all are but looks like new now

IMG_20171012_194337_resized_1.jpg
K800_IMG20230720141009.JPG

front seats are also still very presentable. There is on tear at the seam where at the left hand side. I will have that fixed next year.
I really don´t like those buttons in the center. My pants caught up in them, so did my belt. It feels like you´re ripping them off. Kinda stupid design.

View attachment 624370
rear seats are pristine. I figure they have never been used in 50 years. There´s not even a wrinkle in the leather.
The bucket rear has been rebuilt. It was cracked like they all are but looks like new now

View attachment 624372View attachment 624373

front seats are also still very presentable. There is on tear at the seam where at the left hand side. I will have that fixed next year.
I really don´t like those buttons in the center. My pants caught up in them, so did my belt. It feels like you´re ripping them off. Kinda stupid design.
Liking this very much, including the properly done leather wrap around the steering wheel. Have you applied any Leatherique to those seats?

Not bad, really nice! My -69 has dark green interior with 50/50 split bench seat. Its a fourdoor and I think that buckets is very rare in that body style, iif even available.

Liking this very much, including the properly done leather wrap around the steering wheel. Have you applied any Leatherique to those seats?
Not yet but I will next year. I´ll be using the oil @Joerg used as shown in his thread 73 Imperial LeBaron 4door Amber Firemist met. . But that stuff needs temperatures between 60-80 degrees to soak in for a few days and it´s too cold now in Germany.
I´m kinda torn on the leather wrapped steering wheel. It has a crack like most of them have so the leather is hiding that and it´s done pretty well. Though I think I will have it rebuilt one day just like I had with my Pontiac steering wheel. The rimblow makes it way more difficult I think. I´m not sure if shops in Germany are able to deal with that, to my knowledge rimblow steering wheels are to be found on US cars only.

Not bad, really nice! My -69 has dark green interior with 50/50 split bench seat. Its a fourdoor and I think that buckets is very rare in that body style, iif even available.

fuselage 4 doors only came with bench seats through all years. Standard was cloth, optional was leather. Bucket seats where only available on 2 door cars but also not standard but an option

Not yet but I will next year. I´ll be using the oil @Joerg used as shown in his thread 73 Imperial LeBaron 4door Amber Firemist met. . But that stuff needs temperatures between 60-80 degrees to soak in for a few days and it´s too cold now in Germany.
I´m kinda torn on the leather wrapped steering wheel. It has a crack like most of them have so the leather is hiding that and it´s done pretty well. Though I think I will have it rebuilt one day just like I had with my Pontiac steering wheel. The rimblow makes it way more difficult I think. I´m not sure if shops in Germany are able to deal with that, to my knowledge rimblow steering wheels are to be found on US cars only.

fuselage 4 doors only came with bench seats through all years. Standard was cloth, optional was leather. Bucket seats where only available on 2 door cars but also not standard but an option

We've seen here on this board a few 70 Fury four door hardtops with bucket seats from the factory. We've seen recently a 69 Monaco four door hardtop with buckets.
I am not in a position to offer literature or a fender tag for proof . You can do that.
Now that I'm thinking I'm pretty sure We've seen a 69/70 Chrysler hardtop with buckets.

Last edited:
We've seen here on this board a few 70 Fury four door hardtops with bucket seats from the factory. We've seen recently a 69 Monaco four door hardtop with buckets.
I am not in a position to offer literature or a fender tag for proof . You can do that.
Now that I'm thinking I'm pretty sure We've seen a 67/70 Chrysler hardtop with buckets.
You're 100% right. I missed to insert "Imperial" in my text. It must be "fuselage 4 doors IMPERIALs only came with bench seat". My bad :rolleyes:

We've seen recently a 69 Monaco four door hardtop with buckets.
Ahem. Of course you are. You just don't want to :poke:

H6 interior on 1969 Monaco hardtops, 2-dr and 4-dr -- see the Hamtramck registry here.

One example of this setup is a Y3 Monaco 4dr hardtop with H6W interior that I seriously considered buying (and still wonder if I should have made the plunge): DH43H9D160652

I really like everything about this Imperial!
Great pics !

Is the 66 a 421 tripower console 4 speed by chance?
Great looking car.
I own a 66 2+2 421.

I really like everything about this Imperial!
Great pics !

Is the 66 a 421 tripower console 4 speed by chance?
Great looking car.
I own a 66 2+2 421.

Thank you ! No it´s a regular Bonneville with a 389 I think.. Those 2+2s are really nice cars. My favorite though is the 67 2+2 with 428cid and 4 speed. The ultimate fullsize sports car. There was a super nice blue car that sold on BAT last week for $70k. I like that these cars get appreciated now.

took the car out for a spin the other day, a friend of mine took the video and edited it. I love it

I love this picture. From this angle the Imperial looks even more enormous
View attachment 610322

and this one still scares the crap out of me. I also have a video of the ramp lifting up.. it shakes like crazy with the Imperial bouncing on top. If I would have been there I sure suffered a heart attack
View attachment 610323

@ayilar here you go

View attachment 610325View attachment 610326
certainly built early in the model year. Must have been like my grandparents 1972 which was received middle September 1971 right before their 50th wedding anniversary

Back