My 2018 RAM Longhorn

My local Dodge dealer (Cook Dodge) is kind of a rebel performance dealer. They really try to get the high no frill special performance cars on their lot. They do sell a hell of a lot of Rams and that is what Ma Mopar is sending them. When they do get a Hellcat or Scat Pack they sell them almost as fast as they roll on to the lot or someone from Texas or somewhere far away buys it sight unseen except for seeing initial lot pictures.

My local Dodge dealer (Cook Dodge) is kind of a rebel performance dealer. They really try to get the high no frill special performance cars on their lot. They do sell a hell of a lot of Rams and that is what Ma Mopar is sending them. When they do get a Hellcat or Scat Pack they sell them almost as fast as they roll on to the lot or someone from Texas or somewhere far away buys it sight unseen except for seeing initial lot pictures.
Yes. That is what is happening. People are scouring Autotrader, et al, with a 3,000 mile search radius.

I did buy my first car which was a 69 Super Bee for $1750 from Peters Dodge in Milwaukee in 1971. It had less than 5000 miles on it when I got it.

Screenshot_20190714-034838_Facebook.jpg

I was 16......

I needed permission from my parents to buy the car. My Dad was driving a 69 wagon with a 440 during those days so we went to test drive the Super Bee. He was already having fits when we were walking up to the car and he saw scoops and Bumblebee stripe. So.....he didn't say a word while we were test driving it. He told me to pull over and he test drove it. He drove it like he drove his wagon. Still....he hasn't said a word. He's heading back to Peters Dodge when all of a sudden he turns on to the on ramp of I-43. Its a long, straight on ramp. He looks in the rear view mirror and comes to a complete stop and power brakes into a gigantic burnout and then wide open throttle for a 1/4 mile approaching 100 mph. He then yells out "Hell no this car is too GD fast". We went back to the dealer and went home.....without the SuperBee. I had to beg my Mom to talk Dad into letting me get the car. A week later I had the Super Bee! My Mom didn't even drive back then. She didn't get her license until after I had the SuperBee and my younger brother had a 340 Duster......which she bought from my brother as her first car. My brother bought a 69 Dart Swinger 340. Then he got a 69 GTS that had a 440 4spd with a Dana 60 from Spaulding Dodge from Chicago.

He does... I'm willing to bet he still has his "oil dry/garage shovel" which someone farther north would confuse as a snow clearing device...:lol:
You remembered that, huh?
:rofl:
I was taught that at 16. Always had a snow shovel dedicated for SpeediDry duty. Even in Florida.

Back