My 78 New Yorker 2 Door

Very nice! I have 2 Formals myself and luckily No rust....But my '77 NYB coupe needs an interior (eventually). Seeing these photos gets me motivated. BTW, I'm in Central Iowa where are you in SD?

I like the work you did in your trunk, where did you find the foam board to replace the deteriorating cardboard? I need to do mine as well. Thanks
I just went down to Hobby Lobby and bought foam board. They have many thicknesses, this was about 3/16 thick. They also have many styles of card stock. If I had known about the the thicker foam board I would have used it for the divider panel between the rear seat and trunk.
Let me know if I can help anymore.

Very nice! I have 2 Formals myself and luckily No rust....But my '77 NYB coupe needs an interior (eventually). Seeing these photos gets me motivated. BTW, I'm in Central Iowa where are you in SD?
My shop is about 15 miles outside of Sioux Falls. I work in New Mexico, so this car is here. The 78 gets taken to the painter that I know in Texas later this month, and then my 72 Imperial will get hauled from Dallas to South Dakota. Doc has 5 Imps, and I have 3, so the Center of the Imperial universe is starting to get close to the South Dakota/Minnesota nexus!

My shop is about 15 miles outside of Sioux Falls. I work in New Mexico, so this car is here. The 78 gets taken to the painter that I know in Texas later this month, and then my 72 Imperial will get hauled from Dallas to South Dakota. Doc has 5 Imps, and I have 3, so the Center of the Imperial universe is starting to get close to the South Dakota/Minnesota nexus!

Explains the shift in Gravitational pull......

I have some pics that I will post of the painted dash pad and A pillar plastic shrouds. The new carpet looks great. Every chance I get the leather gets a dose of leather conditioner. So, the interior work continues.

BTW: Is your steering going to be recast or is just minor cracks? Those red interior trim pieces can be repainted another color and these are in good shape. I did it with some door panels some 15 years ago on a beater to experiment and they came out great and didn't peel or rub off.... course you would do it for seats though.

BTW: Is your steering going to be recast or is just minor cracks? Those red interior trim pieces can be repainted another color and these are in good shape. I did it with some door panels some 15 years ago on a beater to experiment and they came out great and didn't peel or rub off.... course you would do it for seats though.
The steering wheel is at Gary's Wheel Restoration in Carlisle, PA. Not sure about how he will repair, but it is EXPENSIVE. I have 4 other cars with cracked steering wheels. If I could repair them myself and do a good job, I think I have found a job for my retirement!!!. I am not sure what red interior pieces you are referring to (oh, I understand now, the red pieces that were posted as replacements! My interior pieces are in good condition), except the emblem on the steering wheel, and that is in good condition. All of the chrome emblems on the body will need the old trick of spray painting and then rubbing the chrome/gold with lacquer thinner before the paint dries. The hood ornament has the red insert, so I think a small brush and a steady hand is the way to go. I am somewhat stymied about the color keyed insert on the front of the outside mirrors. Drivers side have the chrysler in the insert. Passenger side is solid color. Any ideas?

The steering wheel story is a biggie with me also. Good Luck. BTW.... I bought my '75 Imperial triple blue from Silver City, NM last year, so I was recently down there for a couple weeks....nice country.

The steering wheel is at Gary's Wheel Restoration in Carlisle, PA. Not sure about how he will repair, but it is EXPENSIVE. I have 4 other cars with cracked steering wheels. If I could repair them myself and do a good job, I think I have found a job for my retirement!!!. I am not sure what red interior pieces you are referring to (oh, I understand now, the red pieces that were posted as replacements! My interior pieces are in good condition), except the emblem on the steering wheel, and that is in good condition. All of the chrome emblems on the body will need the old trick of spray painting and then rubbing the chrome/gold with lacquer thinner before the paint dries. The hood ornament has the red insert, so I think a small brush and a steady hand is the way to go. I am somewhat stymied about the color keyed insert on the front of the outside mirrors. Drivers side have the chrysler in the insert. Passenger side is solid color. Any ideas?
An update, Gary just finished by steering wheel. Hopefully it will be here late this week. When I get it, I will let you all know, and post a few pictures.

I am in the process of pulling the engine. Going to remove the core support. Just need a day over 45 her in NM and more important, a free day! It sure will be nice to have this engine out and I can clean up the engine bay. Hughes Whiplash Cam goes in, new seals, and trans get sent off to have an A&A rebuild kit with a Transgo phase 1 shift kit. vroom, vroom!

20181031_161020.jpg
20181031_161030.jpg
20181031_161035.jpg

Was it running before? Noticed you still had the lean burn hardware.

Can’t wait to see new engine in.... great work.

Was it running before? Noticed you still had the lean burn hardware.

Can’t wait to see new engine in.... great work.
yes, it runs good, no problems with lean burn. Just wanna make it more responsive. Maybe, at times roast the tires.

I am in the process of pulling the engine. Going to remove the core support. Just need a day over 45 her in NM and more important, a free day! It sure will be nice to have this engine out and I can clean up the engine bay. Hughes Whiplash Cam goes in, new seals, and trans get sent off to have an A&A rebuild kit with a Transgo phase 1 shift kit. vroom, vroom!

View attachment 236278 View attachment 236279 View attachment 236280
I really need a new battery tray. Anyone have any thoughts, or do I just get the tools out and fabricate myself one!

Back