My 78 New Yorker 2 Door

Hmmm.... lean burn tire roaster.... this I got to see!

Still have the TQ then right???
yeppers, it does run fine, had the TQ rebuilt, new fuel tank. I had the car wqith a guy for over 3 months. He got the tune right and it is good now. Don't know how long it will last, but a carb swap is fine by me when that day comes.

I think you may be one of two that still runs the original Lean Burn. But don’t tell Commando 1.

I think you may be one of two that still runs the original Lean Burn.
had the TQ rebuilt, new fuel tank. I had the car wqith a guy for over 3 months. He got the tune right and it is good now.
It took three months.
Swapping in the Edelbrock and having it run correctly right out of the box took an hour.

Don't know how long it will last, but a carb swap is fine by me when that day comes.

Took me a couple of months to get my TQ dialed in.
I did the heads and the carb ran like **** again.
I wasn't going to go through that again.
Helloooooo, Summit.

To quote Big John... YMMV.

It took three months.
Swapping in the Edelbrock and having it run correctly right out of the box took an hour.

Helloooooo, Summit.

Actually it sat for over 2 1/2 months, the guy is REALLY SLOW, but I had the time.

When i changed the hoses,radiator.water pump in my 77 NYB i look the heavy,dirty,clutch fan off and put something on called a flex fan which was a multi-blade fan bolted to the water pump.It was a lot lighter and didm,t stress the grommet inside the water pump as much.B.B

It took three months.

Helloooooo, Summit.

The Holley Quick Fuel 750 works too....

20180915_123637.jpg

Did you have to fiddle with jets and stuff or was it good to go out of the box.

I stuck with the dyno tune. Seems to run very well. I'm not going to change a thing unless something warrants an adjustment, jet, or power valve change.

BTW, even with the compression and aggressive cam she started right up when the ambient temp was 28°.

I forgot that they set it up pre-ran. Let them do all the work. :thumbsup:

Yep, far better tune on the dyno than I could do....

The cam was already broke in when I received the engine. All I had to do was change the oil and filter after 100 miles.

80 PSI oil pressure at startup. And 50-60 PSI while driving normal.

An update, Gary just finished by steering wheel. Hopefully it will be here late this week. When I get it, I will let you all know, and post a few pictures.
Got the steering wheel back from Gary today. I think it looks awesome! The pictures do not do it justice.

20181211_163537.jpg
20181211_163604.jpg

One fine wheel. Got to remember Gary..... I’ve got a cracked one in the wagon that is driving me crazy!!

Can I get his contact???

When i changed the hoses,radiator.water pump in my 77 NYB i look the heavy,dirty,clutch fan off and put something on called a flex fan which was a multi-blade fan bolted to the water pump.It was a lot lighter and didm,t stress the grommet inside the water pump as much.B.B

Back