My first C body.. Bagged 68 Newport

bird7263

Reaction score
Hey fellas, Greeting from Portland Oregon. This is my first Mopar classic. I come over from the 60-66 Chevy truck world. I got this car on a trade. I know the last 3 owners over the past 10 years. It has been with Estranged Car Club here in Portland. I had to do a new top end, and fix a bunch of wiring. After finding a few amazing dedicated C body genius on ebay, they walked me through a few electrical issues and I have it running beautifully..

68 Newport, fresh 383, all stock interior and very clean and all original, newer paint.. All the stainless is in perfect shape.. It only has 70000 original.. Lowered in the rear with blocks and has air bag set up. Been garage kept. I plan on getting rid of the 14 steel wheels and going to a 15 inch astro supreme with a thin white..

I am looking for a good passengers side mirror and front chrome wheel well trim and that is all in need to complete..

IMG958720.jpg

IMG953863.jpg

Life is unfair.... :angry2:

Welcome aboard. That is one helluva beauty you have there!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That is one very nice car, congratulations!

Thanks Brother.. Your car is sick.. We have the same taste.. I also am in to the traditional 60's style.. I read your thread. Your car is how I want mine to sit.. I am gonna look into juice.. or at least juice the front.. I am searching for Astros as well. You running 14's or 15's?

I see that on ebay. But dang, $125... No thanks.. I will wait til I find a good used one that is pretty clean for less..

Welcome aboard. While personally not a fan of lowriders your car is a beauty. Your move to 15" rims and white line side walls will make it perfect.

Thanks Brother.. Your car is sick.. We have the same taste.. I also am in to the traditional 60's style.. I read your thread. Your car is how I want mine to sit.. I am gonna look into juice.. or at least juice the front.. I am searching for Astros as well. You running 14's or 15's?

Thanks man! I think I've seen your car before an other sites. I love the coupes. There's not too many of us out there sitting low in these Mopars. My buddy just picked up a 68 Newport Custom last month and of course it's already slammed.
I'm rolling 14"x6" Supremes. They were the right price so went with those. My stockers were 14" as well and jumping up to 15" got a little expensive.

Chris

I am on 14 inch powder coated steels right now with brand new rubber. I have the tires I like. Just trying to decide if I wanna just buy 14x6 and keep my new tires or bump up to 15 and buy new everything. I like the look, stance and ride it has now.

Back