My First Project Car. 68 New Yorker 2 door. Help Needed!

Now this is a car that's screaming for a set of white walls.

I was thinking the same thing. Already beat ya to it :D

45FC0CC4-16F6-4036-B18C-7681A49281CC.jpeg

932EC047-833E-4119-B2F1-CB48AF7BD4F6.jpeg

Burgundy, vinyls, green tinted glass and w/walls, lovely combo, Burgundy is a super colour to show "class" IMO, sweet cars, all of 'em in this thread.

Nice Project. I resurrected a 66 Town and Country that was sitting for 30 years.
A few suggestions; replace the three rubber hoses in the fuel lines (the hidden third one runs by the transmission cross-member area through the frame. Rubber brake hoses need close inspection for cracks, etc. Check the "sock" filter on the end of the gastank sending unit, after this time they can rot away. If you need brake master or wheel cylinders, buy the best you can since the cheap stuff is garbage, especially rebuilt master cylinders.
Murray Park is a good used parts source; the trick is to remember he has a separate day job, and is best to reach by phone on weekends or sometimes evenings. The WPC Club and North Oakland Mopar Muscle are Detroit area clubs that have swap meets, but I could not quote a date now due to the emergency. Both are on Facebook.
Good luck, I am in Detroit so I might see this some day. Mark

Nice Project. I resurrected a 66 Town and Country that was sitting for 30 years.
A few suggestions; replace the three rubber hoses in the fuel lines (the hidden third one runs by the transmission cross-member area through the frame. Rubber brake hoses need close inspection for cracks, etc. Check the "sock" filter on the end of the gastank sending unit, after this time they can rot away. If you need brake master or wheel cylinders, buy the best you can since the cheap stuff is garbage, especially rebuilt master cylinders.
Murray Park is a good used parts source; the trick is to remember he has a separate day job, and is best to reach by phone on weekends or sometimes evenings. The WPC Club and North Oakland Mopar Muscle are Detroit area clubs that have swap meets, but I could not quote a date now due to the emergency. Both are on Facebook.
Good luck, I am in Detroit so I might see this some day. Mark
@michiganhotrod1
Murray no longer has a separate paying gig Mark, he’s all parts all the time for several years now. How’s things with you?

@michiganhotrod1
Murray no longer has a separate paying gig Mark, he’s all parts all the time for several years now. How’s things with you?
Hi Matt;
I'm good. Haven't done much on cars for a few months since I was planning to sell my house this spring and was doing final prep projects. Now that is not going to happen, I am switching over to the babies.
How are you doing?
Mark

Good to see another MI New Yorker!

I'm in the Ann Arbor area. Diggin your car man. It looks to be about the same project condition wise as my '65 I am working with-

20190902_181101.jpg

So is this car running yet?
Yes it is!! I still need some miscellaneous things for the engine before it can be ran for a decent amount of time but she's up and idling! I haven't been doing too much work on it because the previous owner took until LAST Week to send me the title and kept giving me excuses so I refused to put any more work into it until I got it but I'm back up working on it now that it's nice out and I finally got that title!

Does anyone know where I can find new motor mounts for the car? I noticed the engine is sagging in the bay and it needs replacing bad! Engine runs strong though!

Does anyone know where I can find new motor mounts for the car? I noticed the engine is sagging in the bay and it needs replacing bad! Engine runs strong though!

I was able to get new mounts from Rock Auto for my '66. I don't know how long they will last, but so far, so good.

Back