My First Project Car. 68 New Yorker 2 door. Help Needed!

Thank you Ripinator! I just placed an order for them!
YO, New Member New Yorker. You do Know that Murray Park with the Mother of all C-Body Partz Yardz iz down in Tiffin, Ohio don't you? That'z about 2 hourz south east of COBO HALL?Contact him and he'll call you back when he haz your partz ready for you. Then rent a U-HAUL for half ah day and go get your new Bumper AND LF Fender. Easy-Pessy, Jer

I like dealing with Murray Park.

Your car sounds alot like mine. Glad to see the progress again.

My 65 NYer has a 440CI that was put in by the previous owner. I decided to give it a new Thermostat for Christmas. It has a 160 in it. I want to move on up to a 180. I went to the local Advanced Auto and Auto Zone and they can only look it up using the year, make and model. What should I ask for since the 65 NYer never had a 440 in it?

My 65 NYer has a 440CI that was put in by the previous owner. I decided to give it a new Thermostat for Christmas. It has a 160 in it. I want to move on up to a 180. I went to the local Advanced Auto and Auto Zone and they can only look it up using the year, make and model. What should I ask for since the 65 NYer never had a 440 in it?
Find a more experienced jobber.
Or
Just tell em its a 66 nyer with a 440. Thermostats were the same for years despite an update on the water pump housing in the 70's

If that front fender isn't rusted out, straighten it! A body shop should be able to do a "pull" on that pretty easily. Replacing these fenders is not an easy job.
Get a Wolfe's heat shrink disk. Those things really work. You can tighten up metal and pull dents and puckers out that way to fine tune the pull.

Back