My friend’s ‘77 Royal Monaco 2dr

OR Because the Dodge is simply a better looking car
It can be. But I see remarkable beauty in every model of Formals. I have many images locked in my head. A black '74 Fury I 4dr sdn, manual air, 440 and nothing else. Not a cop car, either.
That's one.
I could go on for hours.
How about you and Polaras.

The only thing close to this I’ve ever seen was a an old Chrysler dealership in southern rhode islan that a guy held on to for years until about a year and a half ago. He filled with a nice collection of pristine c body’s of all eras. He had a white 75 2door with a 440 & cloth blue or red interior(can’t remember) made a pilgrimage there once.

I see a Formal and all I envision is a very, very, unique and weird era in cars with disco playing.all the time.
The LTD/Marqui was in it. Caprice/LeSabre/88/Bonniville/deVille as well.

Last I heard they lost the land or sold it to a developer. I’ll try to remember the his name & the place. I was told he had lots more in storage too. He was like the crazy cat lady of c bodies in my neck of the woods.

Last I heard they lost the land or sold it to a developer. I’ll try to remember the his name & the place. I was told he had lots more in storage too. He was like the crazy cat lady of c bodies in my neck of the woods.
Do you have to travel 138s beyond I-495 to get to him?

Fred w Smith. In Wakefield Rhode Island. Look it up and you can get an idea of what it was like. I don’t know if he’s sitting on this stuff or what. But cars that were there were for sale.

0D524528-75FD-419A-AEBB-661E54EBA8DC.png

His website is gone. He wanted 13k for that white Monaco. Ridiculous low mileage on it. They gotta be somewhere. Didn’t close too long ago. His site had nice pics of cars.

Google image search his place & there’s still some pics floating out there. All his stuff was factory oem primo except a town & country that had a 426 hemi in it. And even that looked like a factory install. Lol!

im surprised he’s not a legend here already. I’ve not been a member here too long. Maybe not many guys here from my neck of the woods.

I’m definitely more of a fusie and slab guy but this formal is something special. It sat inside the dealership with 12K until 1993, after being driven for its first year (one of the dealership owner’s personal cars). Had another 5K put on it that year and then stashed again until the dealership was sold a few years later, when it was sold to my friend. It now has 33K.​

I think they are in the process of liquidating those cars. I have seen ads from that are on C/L recently with that building in the back ground. One ad even mentioned a liquidation but I don't remember the name of the dealer.

Back