My latest junk yard visit

F86A6536-3D4A-4149-8A6B-BF659C494CC8.jpeg
53 Merc. He said he has been gathering parts for this one & wants to make a street legal gasser. It would be cool with an old Y block

E316AFF7-1BEC-45BC-BFF3-EE1512DB84A7.jpeg
68 ? Grand Prix
Covered in pine straw & surface rust. I’m sure there’s someone out there needing parts & here they are

C0D60C04-373A-4A15-82AF-842B812000E5.jpeg
C0D60C04-373A-4A15-82AF-842B812000E5.jpeg
I believe this is a 64 LeSabre. I parted out one of these about 15 years ago. Had aluminum brake drums & aluminum V8 engine in it. A piece here, a piece there then FINALLY a Buick/Olds collector out of Fayetteville, NC saw my Craigslist add & drove up and bought a lot of parts that finally got me in the black on the car. Then later a local guy bought the engine to put in his MG ( I learned something. That’s a popular swap for those) then a couple of muscle dudes from Charlotte came up & bought the shell. They wanted just parts but didn’t bring any tools & I loaned them a few & it was pretty clear they didn’t know how to use them. I started taking off the parts & I asked them why don’t you just buy the car since you brought a trailer & we won’t be here all day. They discussed it & gave me $200 cash then I had to help them load it since it didn’t have front hubs I knew they would never get it on the trailer. The things I do to help car guys out .....

84ABAE10-0281-482C-BB5A-4C737893D2AC.jpeg
56 ? Ford station wagon. What a shame. How many trips to the grocery store did it make. How many times was it loaded up with the kids, the dog & a couple of cousins & off to the beach for the weekend. Or maybe it was used to haul an old Galaxy dirt track car to the local tracks. It’s in its final resting place now I’m certain.

Last edited:
View attachment 381019 View attachment 381019 I believe this is a 64 LeSabre. I parted out one of these about 15 years ago. Had aluminum brake drums & aluminum V8 engine in it. A piece here, a piece there then FINALLY a Buick/Olds collector out of Fayetteville, NC saw my Craigslist add & drove up and bought a lot of parts that finally got me in the black on the car. Then later a local guy bought the engine to put in his MG ( I learned something. That’s a popular swap for those) then a couple of muscle dudes from Charlotte came up & bought the shell. They wanted just parts but didn’t bring any tools & I loaned them a few & it was pretty clear they didn’t know how to use them. I started taking off the parts & I asked them why don’t you just buy the car since you brought a trailer & we won’t be here all day. They discussed it & gave me $200 cash then I had to help them load it since it didn’t have front hubs I knew they would never get it on the trailer. The things I do to help car guys out .....
I bet it would have been fun to watch them get it off the trailer too. :lol:

A pair of old chevys in likely their final resting spot.....

f022aeed-8057-4111-afef-aa24074eb95c-jpeg.jpg

Pretty sure this is a Pontiac.....

84abae10-0281-482c-bb5a-4c737893d2ac-jpeg.jpg

And I know that you know this is a 56 Chevy......

8d73adf8-b448-4d41-bd05-699fce7b3f7e-jpeg.jpg

I love these 59 El Caminos. I had one, green and white two tone with the BelAire trim. Another one of the "I should have kept it" vehicles. It was not in bad shape, original, but the gas tank was rusted and would only hold about 5 gal before it leaked. Never did find a tank for it. Someone badgered me into selling it and there it went.

Back