My new ‘67 Imperial convertible

Ok, I thought it would be your winter projekt Matt.
I hope it comes into good and capable hands...

Ok, I thought it would be your winter projekt Matt.
I hope it comes into good and capable hands...
I’ve got 10 winters worth of projects without this one:lol:.

The worst rust is on the interior pans and they’re really not that bad. No rot around the windshield frame either.
76CCC717-02B1-47B5-AFFF-5B560BC752C3.jpeg
7F733541-E625-49BA-89E1-23B040A3C876.jpeg
477A5BA1-FFC6-4FD2-8C94-A05792E0DB4D.jpeg
6B2AD29B-6756-464E-9C67-6C74BC699554.jpeg
B675B2C4-B068-4F8E-B2AA-5B792FE7863E.jpeg
31C4C75D-53C5-4893-B160-261035A7CA90.jpeg
DFDEC164-5E76-46E9-96F8-855455C3F043.jpeg
0DD03CEB-4EC2-4F4B-BDEE-C20354C167E7.jpeg

Does this convertible body has any extra reinforcements on body compared to 2D HT?
Can´t see any on these pics, but maybe under floor pan?:wideyed:

Thinking of getting my -67 cut the top of as it has several deep dents from collapsed tent I had it stored couple of years.:(
I already have the convertible top for it..

That -67 looks pretty solid.:thumbsup:

Does this convertible body has any extra reinforcements on body compared to 2D HT?
Can´t see any on these pics, but maybe under floor pan?:wideyed:

Thinking of getting my -67 cut the top of as it has several deep dents from collapsed tent I had it stored couple of years.:(

Good question, I haven’t looked but I will have a look to compare.

Good question, I haven’t looked but I will have a look to compare.
Since it is a unibody I presume it is like my 66 300 convertible. There is a solid piece of steel that runs in the rocker panel of the car, internally. This would be rather hard to duplicate in a non convertible car.

Since it is a unibody I presume it is like my 66 300 convertible. There is a solid piece of steel that runs in the rocker panel of the car, internally. This would be rather hard to duplicate in a non convertible car.
That’s what I figured I’d find Mike.

[QUOTE="Gary Grand,:wideyed:

That -67 looks pretty solid.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound like a good idea. You need to buy this car from Matt and use yours for parts. You'll come out ahead.
I know the car was gold, but I picture it in R6 red with white interior and top..... That would really POP!!!!!!

I don´t think that as too hard to duplicate. :thumbsup:
Needs just cutting the rocker panels of and adding enough heavy gauge steel tubing inside there.

I´m probably adding also connectors between stub frame and front mountings of rear leaf springs to ad strength to body.

Still need to get the windshield frame from convertible car..:confused:
I think all -65-68 C-body window frames will suffice..

[QUOTE="Gary Grand,:wideyed:

That doesn't sound like a good idea. You need to buy this car from Matt and use yours for parts. You'll come out ahead.
I know the car was gold, but I picture it in R6 red with white interior and top..... That would really POP!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that´s out of question..
I would really love to have an original Convertible as a starting point, but the shipping cost from :usflag: to Finland would be 2k minimum.:BangHead:
That´s just a bit too much..:(

I would really love to have an original Convertible as a starting point, but the shipping cost from :usflag: to Finland would be 2k minimum.:BangHead:
That´s just a bit too much..:([/QUOTE]

Even with the $2K shipping, you would still be ahead buying this car from Matt. . .

I couldn’t agree with you guys more!:thumbsup::lol::thankyou:

That´s just a bit too much..:([/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t even make you buy ALL of the parts that came with this car, just what you need.

Matt....
Seriously. When do you work.
I’ve been crazy busy this year with work and didn’t make time for much car stuff aside from some maintenance items on the silver car which I drove 4.5K miles this year.:)
I’ve been waiting on parts for both the ‘64 Impvertible and the Director for quite some time so those projects have been stalled and I’ve been chomping at the bit to take a break and do something old car related but it wasn’t supposed to be buying another one.:stop:
I was alerted to this one, had to react, tried to not buy but obligated myself to make an offer in the process and was all but forced to buy it.:lol:
I have lots of work waiting for me to get back to once this one is processed and ready to sell and it does need to go as fast as it got here.

Back