My new 1968 Newport 2dr

Jacob D Coates

Reaction score
Dg2Oo96.jpg

kAFKe0r.jpg

kN9Lrna.jpg

Congratulation, great looking car. You didn't mess around on your search. Chicago area? Now get it home and wash all that salt off it if. :)

A very handsome coupe. Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you , She came from arkansas originally, who traded to a guy from in Illinois outside of chicago, that I got it from. It still has almost all the factory rust proofing on the bottom. There are a few areas of surface rust that will need worked on come spring. I gonna have to learn touch up paint. It barely fits in my garage(2 inches to spare)

Its got a rebuilt tranny and all new front end ball joints, 4brl Carb, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, electronic distributor, new front glass, rechromed rear bumper and receipts for all of it. The interior carpet needs redone, but the headliner is perfect. I will need to scrounge up a driver side mirror and possibly new wiper motor and work on the low beams.

I plan on redoing the carpet as my first want to do project, after the have to do stuff is done and then in Spring work on the nicks in the paint after I get some practice in on some spare sheet metal. After that well I probably:rolleyes: will go down the rabbit hole on get stuff the way I like it.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Thank you , She came from arkansas originally, who traded to a guy from in Illinois outside of chicago, that I got it from. It still has almost all the factory rust proofing on the bottom. There are a few areas of surface rust that will need worked on come spring. I gonna have to learn touch up paint. It barely fits in my garage(2 inches to spare)

Its got a rebuilt tranny and all new front end ball joints, 4brl Carb, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, electronic distributor, new front glass, rechromed rear bumper and receipts for all of it. The interior carpet needs redone, but the headliner is perfect. I will need to scrounge up a driver side mirror and possibly new wiper motor and work on the low beams.

I plan on redoing the carpet as my first want to do project, after the have to do stuff is done and then in Spring work on the nicks in the paint after I get some practice in on some spare sheet metal. After that well I probably:rolleyes: will go down the rabbit hole on get stuff the way I like it.

I had most off my belts, hoses, gaskets and new white wall radials on my 68 this year. It's in the teens here. Once it warms up a little I have a laundry list of things I want to do this year. Heater core/A/C repair for one. The photo I took when I had the new tires put on earlier this month.

View attachment 159407

I had most off my belts, hoses, gaskets and new white wall radials on my 68 this year. It's in the teens here. Once it warms up a little I have a laundry list of things I want to do this year. Heater core/A/C repair for one. The photo I took when I had the new tires put on earlier this month.
Very nice car JC68vert300!!!

Very nice car JC68vert300!!!
Thanks. The original owner was from Holton, In and took great care of the car, with lots of records. The second owner was from the Cincinnati, Ohio area and put only 200 miles on the car in 4 years. I think she bought it from the widow to flip it. That's why I have been changing things so much on it to make sure it is road worthy. The more I drive it the better it runs. It has 71,000 original miles. Jim

The hauler is my friends. I didnt want to drive it in the snow and salt. He drove 3 hr each way to help me go get it

ps. edit due to celebrating with Homemade Mead

Last edited:
Great ride. Get it ready for spring.

And don’t take it too far apart....

I'm one of those ppl is gonna be driving his in the winter one of these years

Back