My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

. A full paint job it'll get! .

I had the same idea about having the engine left the way it was or try to have it repainted with a patinated look and ended up with the same plus I had it farmed out anyways as it was complete toast, a complete replacement would have been way cheaper and all the work that I could have done by myself was too much of a hassle as this car doesn't even fit in my shop in the first place and I don't have the juice anymore Nick seems to have.

Last edited:
I have neither the time nor the energy to try and match the patina that was on the block and in fact I've washed a lot of that away with repeated chemical baths and steel wire brushing. The main thing is that I can't wait to drive it again. I've been driving the convertible a lot lately and that's been great but I miss being behind the wheel of my Imperial.

Got the bottom side ready to go.
Since I pulled it without heads and the hood left on, I think that's the way I should put it back in. I'd hate to permanently assemble it and then find out I need to remove the hood. Next I'll spin it upright set the heads on with a bolt or two, intake and all the other painted parts in place with bolts finger tight so I can paint the topside. Then top half comes back apart so I can install the long block and then reassemble for good.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So I says to myself why stop there!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This car looked its very best the day it rolled off the assembly line and that's what I'll strive for with everything that I do with it.

This car looked its very best the day it rolled off the assembly line and that's what I'll strive for with everything that I do with it.

As it should be...... The Mopar big blocks..... either in turquoise or orange.... make a statement without the chrome niffy naffys

Finished painting the engine, painted the first batch of black parts and had my girl help me finish cleaning under the hood.
the engine is ready to go back in!!!!!!!:yaayy:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Should be running by the weekend!

Great! You'll have the motor broke in before Carlisle!

This build is turning out great!!!

My girlfriend won't ride in my NYB.....she says it's an old people car.

No sh*t Sherlock......I'm an old guy!!!

And she won't work on it either.....time to DX her!

My girlfriend won't ride in my NYB.....she says it's an old people car.

No sh*t Sherlock......I'm an old guy!!!

And she won't work on it either.....time to DX her!

Yah, but how's the...
Oh, never mind ;-)

< Sent from my tablet >

Back