My new 72 Imperial(Big Red) purchase interior dilemma

Let me offer a suggestion.... dowse with Goof-Off while on top a sheet of plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Wrap headrest with plastic wrap, place in shade and goof off for a few hours. That might take you from "scrub" to "wipe".

Let me offer a suggestion.... dowse with Goof-Off while on top a sheet of plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Wrap headrest with plastic wrap, place in shade and goof off for a few hours. That might take you from "scrub" to "wipe".
The bag is turning pink... so I feel like Chef Bobby Flay marinading a chicken breast.
20170729_144132.jpg
20170729_144145.jpg

20170730_125444.jpg
20170730_125420.jpg
not all the red out of seams yet...just a little mock up today of a better looking headrest. The sun visors are soaking in Goof Off and coming along. May have to condition the headrest and maybe something to refresh the whole seat as well so it blends better.

View attachment 136269 View attachment 136270 not all the red out of seams yet...just a little mock up today of a better looking headrest. The sun visors are soaking in Goof Off and coming along. May have to condition the headrest and maybe something to refresh the whole seat as well so it blends better.

Good job removing the clown makeup.

Before:

s-cd20d25ef9a9bf5386b90f31bfe3d9937bf8b1cd.gif

After:

tumblr_nv8wx6hIRH1trqhcko1_500.gif

I don't if it's the fumes of removing the clown makeup from the headrests...But, I can just sit and stare at that beautiful red fender...
I love this car more every day.
20170730_125713.jpg

View attachment 136269 View attachment 136270 not all the red out of seams yet...just a little mock up today of a better looking headrest. The sun visors are soaking in Goof Off and coming along. May have to condition the headrest and maybe something to refresh the whole seat as well so it blends better.
Great job! You can be proud of yourself and Big Red!

Looking great if you do end up using an upholstery dye like SEM (my choice) in the future, make sure you do something to make sure the good off is neutralized. Might be something as simple as the SEM soap or rubbing alcohol.

Back