My new rides … Cannuck Mobiles !

Mbaird

Reaction score
IMG_9558.jpeg
IMG_9559.jpeg
IMG_9560.jpeg
IMG_9562.jpeg

The local rinks had Olympia machines. They looked to be cut down Chevy S-10 blazers, but that was a long time ago.

One of the kids my youngest played hockey with had a younger brother that was fascinated by them. Their Dad was the couch and a great guy... We were at the rink in downtown Syracuse, the Onondaga War Memorial for a game and I knew the driver and got him to give the kid a ride while he resurfaced the ice. It probably violated all sorts of rules...

I play hockey several times per week and mentioned to the rink manager that I need to learn how to drive the Zam some day . He said he needs a part time driver so here I am !

I play hockey several times per week and mentioned to the rink manager that I need to learn how to drive the Zam some day . He said he needs a part time driver so here I am !
I'm on the ice a few times a week myself, playing hockey or stick time to improve my game. I'm hoping when I retire in 5 years or so, God willing, I can pick up some part time hours at the rink doing maintenance and driving the Zamboni. The big perk would be free ice time and use of the gym. What rink rat wouldn't want to drive a Zamboni! Hockey season is almost upon us!

I'm on the ice a few times a week myself, playing hockey or stick time to improve my game. I'm hoping when I retire in 5 years or so, God willing, I can pick up some part time hours at the rink doing maintenance and driving the Zamboni. The big perk would be free ice time and use of the gym. What rink rat wouldn't want to drive a Zamboni! Hockey season is almost upon us!
The free ice is nice .
Played with Rick Bourbanais this morning . He played for the Blues and Montreal in the 80s . Still got great skills ! Johnny MacMillan played for Toronto in the 60s and is still skating out here as well . Boy he has some stories !

Back