my project 69 newport

timthomas

Reaction score
new gas tank, new rear drums, converted front breaks to disk, all new break lines, all new gas lines, new radiator, new water pump, edelbrook intake, holley 4 barrel, hedman headers, straight pipes to back. new starter motor new relay, added a push button start... :)

sounds awesome runs great

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_7174.jpg

Very nice.

One peeve though, you changed the brakes to avoid the breaks. Cars have brakes, people get breaks.

new gas tank, new rear drums, converted front breaks to disk, all new break lines, all new gas lines, new radiator, new water pump, edelbrook intake, holley 4 barrel, hedman headers, straight pipes to back. new starter motor new relay, added a push button start... :)

sounds awesome runs great

View attachment 607006

View attachment 607007
oops...... brakes...... sometimes the breaks are getting the brakes to brake correctly.... when they don't things tend to break? :)

I have had the car since 1986, it was my dads I would drive it periodically. Then in 2000 I put it in my barn, floor was cement, in Sept 2022 I pulled it from the barn and sent it to my mechanic, who is a wonder.... took the winter to put the car back into working condition. Picked it up end of March, drive it every time the weather is niice.

New top going on in august. then new floor carpet and having the front and rear seats redone. Once set then it's on to the body work...

Question for the group....

Keep the same color or paint the complete car satin black..... original the black is what I wanted. But the more I drive it the more comments I get about how cool the color is....

side view the video is awesome, the sound as I pull this machine out of my garage....

60newport_side.png

if it was me i'd keep the green..... these days not alot of green cars but i see alot of satin black.
and when i see satin black ( rightly or wrongly) i just think its a quick cover for body repair

It's your car, do what you want with it, let it make you happy.
I do agree with Marko that satin black looks like a cover up. However, I do love black accents.
What do I know, I'm not a purist, I wrap my cars and enjoy making it my own! I don't build my cars for someone else's approval!
Wrap it in green, there are some really cool greens to be had, a wrap will protect the original paint anyway, so the next guy only has to peel it off, my theory is older cars using new methods and technology to get then road worthy.
Just providing you with a different perspective.

Have a nice day,

PT

Green is mean!! Its a color that looks good on the old boats, hell battleship gray has made a comeback and is on cars again for the first time since the 40s

IMG_0233.jpg

Is that a good GREEN or a bad GREEN you refer too! , he's gone bad *** with engine , exhaust and rims, can't wait on what Tim decides on; be it green or not.
What's her name, NASTY!
I meant keep the car green. As rare as these cars are the color green is just as rare. I too would like to see interior pictures of the car. An all black interior would be the icing on the cake.

I vote for green. It will make the body/paint work that much easier, meaning time and money saved. If you're still itching for black you can do a wrap. That is a nice green, try to let it grow on you!

I meant keep the car green. As rare as these cars are the color green is just as rare. I too would like to see interior pictures of the car. An all black interior would be the icing on the cake.
The green Tim has is actually a nice light green, is it a repaint or an original Mopar green?

Back