My rebuilt 440

27 IS cold as water freezes at 32.

Fun story. A friend is an engineer and another flew in one day from Southern Cal and was super excited to see all the cars in the firm’s parking lot plugged in and he kept going on about how great it was everyone had electric cars.

Then there’s the other one of another engineer in So Cal who asked Neil the weather on the phone in January and he said it was -20 something and the guy from So Cal got very angry.

He kept going on about how that’s impossible as 0 is the coldest temperature and of how he’s fed up with people from other countries always thinking Americans are stupid and trying to trick him.

You could put one in just as a conversation piece.

It just pops into the freeze plug location. Stock will be the plug closest to cylinder #1. When it’s plugged in the little heating element makes sure the block gets warm to keep the oil less viscous so it’s a lot easier to start in colder weather.
View attachment 554143

Ahh so that’s how they work! That’s actually really neat… Would be a cool conversation piece for sure!!

Eric: Please note there is a special tool needed to properly adjust belt tension with that floppy power steering bracket. Here is a video demonstrating its use:

The tool is available here: Chrysler Power Steering Bracket Adjuster Tool

DO take CARE with that tool to avoid bending the tang! I use it, and keep a modest tension on the pulleys, torquing the bracket/pump to just 40 ft-lbs, and the steering pump runs very well, without undue stress on it! THIS is WHY it's better to use the OEM bracket. I need to replace the little snubber, and plan to next week when I get it.

27 IS cold as water freezes at 32.

Fun story. A friend is an engineer and another flew in one day from Southern Cal and was super excited to see all the cars in the firm’s parking lot plugged in and he kept going on about how great it was everyone had electric cars.

Then there’s the other one of another engineer in So Cal who asked Neil the weather on the phone in January and he said it was -20 something and the guy from So Cal got very angry.

He kept going on about how that’s impossible as 0 is the coldest temperature and of how he’s fed up with people from other countries always thinking Americans are stupid and trying to trick him.

You could put one in just as a conversation piece.

It just pops into the freeze plug location. Stock will be the plug closest to cylinder #1. When it’s plugged in the little heating element makes sure the block gets warm to keep the oil less viscous so it’s a lot easier to start in colder weather.
View attachment 554143

If I were to use a block heater, this would be the One. Kludging them into the drain plugs, as the old one I inherited with our "pre-cracked" 1968 383, and altering the coolant flow with that arrangement is one I'd avoid.

Back