My son

Thank you everyone. We've shed a lot of tears in the last 24 hours. I just got back from making his arrangements and that was very hard to do. My oldest son is being a rock for his mother and I.

Far too many people do not understand the severity of the demons that some people fight with on a daily basis.
This really sums it up. We've struggled with how this happened, and we'll never know how and why... It just did... and I've come to the conclusion that it can happen to any family.

Again thanks to everyone. It means a lot to me. I want to share a few of my favorite pics of him.

KDHGQ1P.jpg

This one was about 12 years ago... It was at the Syracuse Nationals and it was me busting on him that I was going to take his picture next to the car.

M7gBo50.jpg

This was recent... He was clean and sober at the time... A little glimpse into his sense of humor.

B21hR8P.jpg

I know am still a newbie here, but I can tell from your posts that your a decent person and I am sure you have done all that you can. I am sorry. You know that I am in town, so please reach out if I can do anything for you.

There's no easy way to say this

My youngest son died early this morning.

He had been struggling with addiction for a few years now, but he had gotten his act together. I saw him last night and he didn't look well. He'd been stiffed on a paycheck and was really annoyed about that and a couple other things. The prescription meds he was taking to fight the addiction were giving him all sorts of side effects and he was trying hard to get away from them.

From all appearances, he overdosed sometime in the middle of the night.

I'm numb... This has been the worst day of my life.

He leaves behind a 12 year old son that adored him.

My son was a gentle soul. He was very rough and tough on the outside... but such a sweet person inside. I'm going to miss him. He was 32.

John, I narrowly escaped this with my son, Evan...
I hope and pray that the day soon comes that the good memories crowd out the hard ones; I hope you always celebrate and remind friends and relatives of who he was, the things he did and the smiles and laughs he brought. God bless you and yours. I know that he will be at the door when you walk through.

My condolences for your loss. Although any words are inadequate for the circumstances this is a poem that my Dad liked which may help.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a son so early in life is so hard to bare. My condolences to you and your family. Gods speed.

I just saw this, I am very sorry for your loss John. I can't imagine what your going though. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, I pray the peace of the Lord be with you and yours during this tough time.

I'm saddened to hear of this tragic event. I think of John as a father figure on this forum, due to his knowledge, patience, and understanding. I can only imagine he is an excellent real life father. You were there for him right up until the end, I'm sure you would have done anything possible to help him. May he rest in peace.

Very sorry to hear this for sure John. You are a good man and my heart and prayers go out to you. Such things are impossible to explain.
Steve

very sorry to read this John. My condolences to you and your family.

Carsten

Back