My unexpected Hurst 300 Find

Is this salvageable. My OEM heater control valve has begun to leak coolant. The housing parts appear to be in excellent condition w/ no cracks. Response at the dash controls is spot on. The rub is where to get gaskets to repair it. Are there any underlining failures I need to look for. If it didn't work so well I would just replace it w/ a all steel unit. The steel units just don't perform well as they have less than desired sensitivity at the dash controls.

View attachment 645118

View attachment 645119

View attachment 645120
Check with Detroit Muscle Technologies, they were going to reproduce the rubber valves that are inside the unit.

Check with Detroit Muscle Technologies, they were going to reproduce the rubber valves that are inside the unit.
I think this sounds funny but it might be I have plastic Bucket seat release bezels good condition. So it's possible to make new ones.. I must check my parts. I have some NOS Hurst
parts in Finland.Also used ones too. I got my Hurst to Finland 1996.
I must check my parts what I have.

I think this sounds funny but it might be I have plastic Bucket seat release bezels good condition. So it's possible to make new ones.. I must check my parts. I have some NOS Hurst
parts in Finland.Also used ones too. I got my Hurst to Finland 1996.
I must check my parts what I have.
Please update me when you know what you have. Please keep me posted

Please update me when you know what you have. Please keep me posted
Hi David
Next time when I go to our garage I try find them. I´ll quite sure I have good ones.
I got them almost 30 years ago, when I got my 300 Hurst to Finland.

Last edited:
Hi David
Next time when I go to our garage I try find them. I´ll quite sure I have good ones.
I got them almost 30 years ago, whwn I got my 300 Hurst to Finalnd.
Here few pics of my Hurst.

Chrysler-1.png

Chrysler-2.png

Back