My unexpected Hurst 300 Find

Congratulations David! This is wonderful, and thank you for posting the build sheet and VIN -- you've shared the tag with me already, but it is yours to post it here if you wish to -- your car, your tag :)

Look forward to hearing the history of CM23U0C228755 .

@69CoronetRT @cuda hunter

great looking car!! Congratulations and enjoy the hell out of it!!

Wow, just amazing. As previously mentioned, just looking at the inside door panels gives an idea of the overall condition of the car. Now just repair what you must, and enjoy driving it in the coming years! Nice Christmas present ;)

Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

View attachment 633780

View attachment 633781

View attachment 633782

View attachment 633783

View attachment 633784

View attachment 633785

View attachment 633786

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

View attachment 633789

WOW! Way-ta-go, David! Very nice score.

Congratulations David! Beautiful car. Looking forward to seeing you and the car in person in 2024.

Nice car!

I don't know if you know this or not, but the 300 club is having their spring meet in Indianapolis this year.

Wow! Now that is a dream car! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!

All original paint?

Great find on a beautiful car .
This has been my dream ride also . I hope to have mine done some day soon so I can drive it .

David sent me this pic of his new Hurst. This is why he hasn't posted a pic of the fender tag.

1703265100874.jpeg

@david hill, did you get the elusive glove-box owners manual?

As some of you know, I put out a significant "bounty" for the capture of the elusive Hurst owners manual. No luck. I had the usual Chrysler owner's manual in the plastic folder, so where the heck did the Hurst manual go sometime/somewhere in the prior 50 years?

Oh well. I had to settle for these pics from the 'web. Interesting how the word "masculine" is used twice in this seven page manual. But at least it has "flair" that captures the ladies, too. Ahhhh.....1970....the good old days when men were men and ladies were not.

Cover.jpg
Page One.jpg
Pages Two and Three.jpg
Page Four.jpg
Page Five.jpg
Pages Six and Seven.jpg
Back Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

View attachment 633780

View attachment 633781

View attachment 633782

View attachment 633783

View attachment 633784

View attachment 633785

View attachment 633786

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

View attachment 633789
I am so excited for you. Congratulations.

Back