MY Unicorn X RARE 69 Monaco 500 Convertible

Hello,
While it has been confirmed more than once that there were 2 440 69 Monaco 500 Convertibles made with a 440 but nowhere does it say with what 440. Now with your R6 Red 440 Monaco 500 Convertible showing up but its a K code. could that be the 2nd 440 car and mean mine is the only L code??

SO what I have been told is that we both own the 2 68 Monaco 500 Convertibles. yours is a K-code and mine is an L-Code.
It is amazing that the 2 440 convertibles survived and not victims of being raped of their vital organs.
Both deserve to be restored as thry are soooo rare!

So from what I know and have been told there were only 2 69 Monaco 500 Convertibles made with a 440. does that mean 1 was the K-Code R6 car and the other mine the L-Code B5 Blue car???
there were 2 "regular" 440s and 2 hi perf 440s according to the information ive seen

I think most are referring to the Option & Accessory report quoted here...
1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible Numbers

It just shows 2 total.

Alan
hi alan,
yeah ive been privy to that info.
but i was also given a bit extra from the same source that has some options that werent included in the other summary like power windows, right hand mirror, delivery at the factory (? cool) , cruise etc.
heres the extra i have :

So, back to the 347 that Chrysler Canada said they sold:

318-2V 190
383-2V 80
383-4V 73
440-dual exhaust 2
440 High performance 2

All were automatics.

One car had a/c

Four had cruise

197 had a center console (meaning the rest had buckets and a column shift)

23 had a SuperLite

22 had a right hand mirror.

138 had power windows

67 had heavy duty suspension

1 had a trailer tow package
1 had a max cooling package (probably the same car)

13 had a spring special package (no details on what was in the package)

1 was factory delivery.

4 had an AM/FM radio

27 had a sport steering wheel

440-dual exhaust 2
440 High performance 2

Given the way the O&A reports work, why can't these be the same cars? Why would they be for different cars?

440-dual exhaust 2
440 High performance 2

Given the way the O&A reports work, why can't these be the same cars? Why would they be for different cars?
ive wondered about that myself.
no real way of knowing now.
i know that in 1964, imp converts had dual exhaust while the hardtops had single, but doubt thats the case in 69........ perhaps someone more knowledgeable than i might have more info

there were 2 "regular" 440s and 2 hi perf 440s according to the information ive seen

ive wondered about that myself.
no real way of knowing now.

So, are we comfortable saying the documentation we have in hand can only confirm there were two 440 cars?

FWIW...original factory Q&A reports (or any documents) are not copyrighted so sharing them with others only helps the hobby. It's not proprietary info that should be hidden from the public. Whomever has the info, doesn't 'own it' for protection.

So, are we comfortable saying the documentation we have in hand can only confirm there were two 440 cars?

FWIW...original factory Q&A reports (or any documents) are not copyrighted so sharing them with others only helps the hobby. It's not proprietary info that should be hidden from the public. Whomever has the info, doesn't 'own it' for protection.
True, but he does own the paper it's on or the file it's on and not obligated to share any of it.

True, but he does own the paper it's on or the file it's on and not obligated to share any of it.

No disagreement on obligation. No one is obligated to share anything.

If the file comes from someone else or generated from other content (i.e me scanning all the data books on HH)...It's still not an original work or covered. I have no protection.

If the paper contains work originated by someone else, or copy and pasted from a file or a reproduction of another paper, it's still not an original or or covered by copyright by the person that has posession of the paper. If I print my copies of factory O@A reports, they are not my works. If I copy GG's versions, they are not mine. He still owns the copyright to his work.

It's the content not the medium that counts for copyright.

The crux is withholding information beneficial to the general public or interest of which one does not own the rights and serves no purpose to withhold.

Thanks to another member, I have copies of factory engineering documents showing axle assembly codes and applications i.e. what was the factory code for a 318 C body 8 3/4 w/o S/G and 3.23 gears. This is useful to the general public for decoding things like broadcast sheets or restoration.

Why would I sit on this info and not share it? It's not mine and it helps the general public.

Last edited:
I agree Doug, to a point.
Your statement quoted implied obligation. However if he doesn't wanna, tough on me.

I have long felt that the people with this information are hording it so that they can publish a book or sell a service but that just isn't happening.

These people are going to die and the families are going to just toss everything into the dumpsters.

I'm not going to but I could name at least three people that fall in this group.

Alan

Where did you get that info from??
the info was given to me in an email from the original source of the numbers, i do not have a copy of any of the report. it takes time to come up with each of the #s, so im sure thats why not all of the options & accessories were originally posted.

440-dual exhaust 2
440 High performance 2

Low performance 440 '69 Dodge & Plymouths probably had dual exhaust & dual snorkel air cleaners like their '70 brethrens. Basically the "Pursuit Special" K code 440 was the same as the civilian K-code when it came to the D/P cars.

Low performance 440 '69 Dodge & Plymouths probably had dual exhaust & dual snorkel air cleaners like their '70 brethrens. Basically the "Pursuit Special" K code 440 was the same as the civilian K-code when it came to the D/P cars.

Interesting and informative but the question is related to the reporting on the O&A report: 'Why is there a separate line item for two cars with dual exhausts and why can't those two cars be the same as the two 440 high performance cars?"

Interesting and informative but the question is related to the reporting on the O&A report: 'Why is there a separate line item for two cars with dual exhausts and why can't those two cars be the same as the two 440 high performance cars?"
They could be? Maybe there is 4? 2 L's and 2 K's...

I know nothing.

I see nothing in the two different list copies of these reports that indicate more than 2 cars
440 High Performance 2
440 Dual Exhaust 2
I don't see either of those listed more than once.
How that is being seen as more than 2 cars baffles me.

Short of seeing a copy of the actual report.

Alan

I see nothing in the two different list copies of these reports that indicate more than 2 cars
440 High Performance 2
440 Dual Exhaust 2
I don't see either of those listed more than once.
How that is being seen as more than 2 cars baffles me.

Short of seeing a copy of the actual report.

Alan
Couldn't you get a 350 horse 440 with dual exhaust though? Why would they list them separately? I'm inclined to believe there's only 2...however I'm generally an optimistic person, and for the sake of discussion...why couldn't there be 4 with how they listed it?

Back