Need 1972 Chrysler New Yorker rear bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, dont know what your problem is but you need to relax.....most here will like your car, including myself. Most here will wanna watch the build and enjoy it knowing you bought it on the cheap.
I could care less who likes my cars, driving C bodies for over 30 years has seasoned me for that.
I am still calling you out on the police interceptor motor statement being used by Mopar.

Relax? I Am RELAXED Damnit!!! ;):);) lol!

To be honest, I think you may be the only person to question the Interceptor designation whom I haven't dismissed out of hand as a know nothing.

There's info all over the web about them. There was even a police spec 318. The only thing I haven't seen mentioned is the seemingly inconsequential visual identifier of their having used orange rubber valve cover gaskets under black valve.covers. Eveything else is internal.

Some time over the winter when I'm less motivated to be in the garage, I'll hunt down the brouchure copy and post it for you.

Still nobody gives me a valid reason for Why F-bodies get a bad rap. It may make me seem defensive, but I'm still curious...

Still nobody gives me a valid reason for Why F-bodies get a bad rap.
They were sold during the peak of the Ultimate -In-Bad-Taste Era,
Find me one without the gaudy body cladding, louvers, spoilers, stripes, graphics, and then subsequently owned by testosterone laden teens who further inflicted their version of bad taste....
And I'll bring it home tomorrow.
You see, it's like this. There are none of those out there.

Oh boy oh Boy !!! Can I take that as a friendly challenge? Pleeeeease?!!?

I know you don't really means stripes because those are standard on any musclecar of every brand. I'm gonna take you to mean things more like strobe stripes, BILLBOARDS, go wings, chin spoilers, louvers,,,,

Hmmm... Yup, all the stuff that made musclecars stand out in a crowd, from when again? About 1969 was it?

You forgot hoodscoops. Probly just cuz no F-body was ever built with one...

Wait, what was your argument again? I've gotten confused by the comparison that shows they've all been similar all along.

Oh yeah, not tasteful. Well maybe not by the standard of a mature audience that would seek a new C-body. I can see your point there, but only as it applies to all musclecars. I think what you may be saying is that your impression is molded by the era and not this particular product. Like I said before.

I also enjoy the more plain variety along with the flashier models. Here's a Very tasteful car with the minimum of bling. No spoilers, louvers, or extra nonsense. It's a 4-speed car too. And it will be for sale soon! Lucky You! Here's your chance!

http://www.aspenandvolare.com/showthread.php?6707-Caught-the-f-bug-virus-again

Oh boy oh Boy !!! Can I take that as a friendly challenge? Pleeeeease?!!?
It's not even a challenge. It's ALL friendly exchange around here.
We just don't toss rose petals in your path, light incense, and sing Kumbaya as you enter here.
Think of it as a local bar room. Sit down and have a beer.

Last edited:
LOL! :)

I like you guys. Just taking me a little effort to adjust to some of your's more mature wavelength and manner of speaking.

So what did you think about that RT Paul's putting back in shape?

Wait! Police spec is different than "interceptor"..... which one is it?

That's why this C-body forum is growing exponentially.
There ain't no love for you over at Moparts...

Well there doesn't seem to be a shortage of we who actually get it.

It takes a real enthusiast to take on the cars for which there's little or no aftermarket support. Just about anybody can claim their enthusiasm from behind the wheel of an A B or E body these days. Some of us just don't bend to conformity. We'll surely see more of the cost driven 'enthusiasts' in the future.

But just to try playing nice, there is a police spec 318-4bbl Dave. Not the same as the Interceptor. Not all E58's are interceptor motors either. It's one of the things that makes a Super Coupe or Street Kitcar special. Maybe we can revisit the topic when winter sets in up in Canada and I have my retired Chrys Engr'g bud available with documentation and long winded stories of back in the day...

All you guys talk about is lack of respect for different body styles. :sFun_doh2:

I sold my B and E bodies and bought AMCs - talk about lack of respect. :rofl:

I don't really give a Rat's *** about what other people say anymore and I drive what I enjoy - that's what it used to be about. I really wanted an Aspen R/T or a Roadrunner at one time, too. Oh yeah . . . I still consider those A body guys the cheap Chevy bastards of Mopar (I had 4, though). Their car's worth a million bucks but that part they want ain't worth nothin. :icon_eyes:

It's easy to put up with the Rodney Dangerfield aspect of being a C Body owner while being a member here. Part of the attraction is always learning something new. I look forward to learning more about the cop car 318's. Their production would be consistent with Ma Mopar's history of catering to the needs of law enforcement over the years. If you ever get over to the Drydock pic Kraut's brain on that score.

OK, Dave. Enough....

No Stan, It is not. How many times has someone used the term posi rear to describe a sure grip and you got on their *** about it? This is the same thing, Interceptor is a Ford term......someone PLEASE prove me wrong.... after all I am just a guy trying to learn about stuff.

When a 71 Fury iii police interceptor convertible wth the top down and the windows up comes rolling in with 18" wheels, posi, and the A/C removed, we can both check in to the psychiatric ward. We'll be roomies...

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
I really dont know what that means....BUT everyone here has bitched about their car being mislabeled at a show, isnt this the same thing? If someone says to Mr CHP he has a nice 69 interceptor, does he get pissed?

I see what you're saying Dave. Its something that alternately irritates me or makes me giggle at a fool. In reading your archived posts I figure you for educated in Mopar, so I wasn't giggling. But quite honestly, I just don't have the time to go rifling thru old paperwork as winter approaches. I have a fresh project sitting out front while I have no concrete or lifts installed yet. I'm busy pushing forward with what truly matters... But I do understand and won't forget your query on this matter.

I really dont know what that means....BUT everyone here has bitched about their car being mislabeled at a show, isnt this the same thing? If someone says to Mr CHP he has a nice 69 interceptor, does he get pissed?

I just roll my eyes and let it blow by I'm pretty easy. But! I and a firm believer of Show Me. People say Chrysler did this or that but can’t back it up with “Chrysler” documentation. Now people will often use a sales brochure as their reference and often this isn’t good. One example is the 69 Barracuda console being wood grained with a chrome groove in it, the production version was wood grained without the groove. The brochures often use preproduction parts or parts from the previous year. The console used in that picture was a 67/68 with woodgrained added. The parts book pretty much confirms this.

Similarly the truck guys get all bent when you use the stepside reference and not the trademarked Utililine, it is still a stepside, that was not exclusively a Chevy or Ford thing.

As for my take on the interceptor term, not much of one as I know little beyond the 69. In the 1969 Dodge Police brochure all it says is Polara Pursuits, not even a reference to package. Likewise for 68 and 66 “Dodge Police Pursuits”.

Now on the other hand I do have a fair amount of 1967 Plymouth dealer literature that includes a code book and in it there is a reference to a “Patroller” (6 cyl) and a “Pursuit” (8 cyl). Aside from the RK, PK, DK WK references I see no “packages” listed in anything I have but there may be fleet litereture that I do not have.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input. I cant tell you how many ads i have seen where a guy is selling a Mopar and claims it has the " interceptor" engine in it. Police package, pursuit, Magnum, Commando.......o.k.

Yes, brochures often use parts from the previous year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back