Need 1972 Chrysler New Yorker rear bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is..........Police Interceptor. Patroller, Pursuit vehicle.

tag_fleet_1.jpg

He'll say it's Dealer stuff and not official factory production. LOL!

He'll say it's Dealer stuff and not official factory production. LOL!

Laughing out loud at what the obvious answer is interesting......

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2012-dodge-durango-special-service-photos-and-info-news

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...rsuit_vs_ford_police_interceptor/viewall.html

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c6715_ds546636

A google image search of police interceptor reveals all Fords........

http://www.allpar.com/squads/history.html

Although I did find this interesting in the Allpar read..."The 1970 Olds Delta 88 Police Apprehender, with the 390 bhp Interceptor 455..............

Every reference is to Dodge or Plymouth Pursuit.

Never knew the Wraith car was a "interceptor"

Wraith-Turbo-Interceptor.jpg

With that, many people use the interceptor term as a generic word for police or high performance, just like the posi rear term I mentioned earlier. Its all semantics I suppose but after all I am just trying to help ...

Wraith-Turbo-Interceptor.jpg

YES Dave, the PPG concept car was also called an Interceptor. At least one of them still exist.

I respect that you're trying to be thorough, and also correct, but if you wish to be helpful to your own understanding... try searching terms like,
360 police interceptor.
You will invariably get Ford results added into the mix because of their also using the terminology. Get over it and look for the meat instead of filling up on potatoes.

Happy to see the interest. Last i spoke with him, my engrg buddy wanted me to tear an engine down to verify what his engine counterparts had told him about the Interceptor internals. I just may do that over the weekend since it started an interest amomg more than a couple friends. I'm supposed to look at a supposed 35K mi 360 interceptor motor sitting loos e and possibly for sale. If pulling the pan reveals a windage tray, I'll take all the rest of his words on faith. Bu t I know I've seen lterature on my own. I hopee to get the opportunity to see if the PR applies in machined steel. I've never had my own low miles engines apart in any way for any reason.

Nope, cant do it. I spent an hour looking only to confirm my beliefs.

Nope, cant do it. I spent an hour looking only to confirm my beliefs.

Obviously the rest of the world is mistaken then. The term and its relation to only one chrysler engine came out of thin air. Got it...

What was the old engine myth? Something about 440 heads back in the day.

I'll file this away, but I'm not certain you're.correct in this instance just because you didn't find what you're looking for. You already stated you wouldn't believe.documentation either. So I'm just not gona sweat it.

Last edited:
Show me somthing Chrysler official..... a brochure, book, sales records, order sheets .....something. The whole world isnt wrong, just the ones that dont know any better, it is a common error.

I hear ya man. Like I said, I'll revisit the topical when Im not just popping in while taking a quick rest break if I've got something to.show.

Just out of the curiousity of beating the dead.horse a little.more tho. Whats your broadcast zheet decoder say about it? Does E58 also come back as 360-4bbl. hp/police, for you? I also get police designation for F01, but oddly nothing for E48- the 318-4 most weaksuck 80's Gran Fury copcars got.

Go screw Stan, fury 3, sports fury, no A/C 16 inch wheels or larger, posi rears snow, all bitches of yours........

Easy man. He was the only reason we had a civil dscussion in the first place.

We all have our peeves. You don't have any problem with excersizing your own...

Easy man. He was the only reason we had a civil dscussion in the first place.

We all have our peeves. You don't have any problem with excersizing your own...

He was, I was the reason for that............because I am a NICE guy

I'm just saying, what people call a Mopar police car and/or package doesn't bother me as much as Dave.
Dave can't understand why some things throw me over the edge.
I understand him 100% and I know what he is saying is right but I don't extend my rants beyond several back and forths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back