Need a wiring guru

mopar Joe 65

Reaction score
Iam restoring my 65 fury 3 , i repainted my dash and put it back together, my dash lights are not working i checked the fuse box and all the fuses are good but when i put my tester on the fuse marked instraments there is no juice there. I cant find on my wireing diagram where the power enters to that fuse ? Any help would be great.

The power to that fuse comes from the dimmer section of your headlamp switch. I believe it's a tan wire.

Jeff

Are you saying the power goes from the headlight switch to the fuse block ? That dont make sense to me ? But i will check it out , thanks.

Iam restoring my 65 fury 3 , i repainted my dash and put it back together, my dash lights are not working i checked the fuse box and all the fuses are good but when i put my tester on the fuse marked instraments there is no juice there. I cant find on my wireing diagram where the power enters to that fuse ? Any help would be great.
Here is a Mitchell wiring diagram. This will help. Follow tan wire from light sw.to fuse block. May have blown a fuse.

Attachments

• 1965_Plymouth_Fury.pdf11.pdf
    172.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 1965_Plymouth_Fury.pdf12.pdf
    172.3 KB · Views: 122
Are your bulbs good?
My guess is the connection pin on back of inst. panel. They should be soldered because the connections are fair on day 2, 57 years later and you messing with them probably no good. Clean and solder each pin to the printed circuit.

First, if you don't have one, get a FSM with wiring diagrams here: MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

Looking at the wiring, the tan line to the fuse box is the feed and is from the switch as has been said above.

Have you tried turning the switch dimmer up and down while testing for power? That tan line is connected to the rheostat in the switch and if it's down all the way, or the switch is bad, you won't see power at the fuse. Usually the rheostat gets dirty with age and twisting it back and forth may get it to at least work intermittently. You may have to replace or have the switch rebuilt if that's the case.

but when i put my tester on the fuse marked instraments there is no juice there
I don't understand what you mean here. If you are using a multi meter and putting the leads across the fuse, you will just measure voltage drop; which will read almost nothing (~a mV). If you want to see if you are getting voltage at the fuse, then you need to put one lead of you meter on an isolated ground - then test both sides of the fuse.
A test light is better for that...

Thanks guys for all your help, you were right John i put my test light on the fuse while turning the switch and my test light got dim and bright i still could not see any dash lights but i pushed in on my pin plug to make sure it was tight then i could see at least one indicator light was on. Its hard to tell how many lights are working in the day so i will check it later tonight. Anyway thanks again for all the help.

Back