Need help deciding!

Thanks guys lots of info and good ideas.
I do agree about the formal look with the black, especially with the interior being black.... but the headliner was white, kinda weird. Does that mean the top was white? Can that info be found with the plate in the door?

The headliner had nothing to do with the vinyl top color. Black, white, and light blue were possibilities, but black would have been the most likely combination with black leather (H3X) interior and Silver Turquoise (K) exterior. Post a picture of the fender tag and we can decode it.

You could go with a semi-resto-mod look with a red hood, trunk and along the upper contour line up and black sides (or the reverse). Something different, true, but you get your black and the wife gets her red all in one. Lower about two inches all around, and run a tasteful set of 17" wheels and blackwalls. Nice look that is reversable, and different without being obnoxious.

2014-06-13 15.32.57.jpg

Can you make that mess out?

2014-06-13 15.32.57.jpg

Not really but it looks loaded. I'd keep it the original color for sure.

Without getting into the individual options shown under the A-Z second line, it says it is a '64 LeBaron, the 49th car made on Nov. 29, 1963. Interior black leather, exterior is Madison Gray (silver) if the letters under "PNT" are MM. If those are N, then it is Charcoal Gray. It is certainly NOT Silver Turquoise, which would be K. Either silver or gray with black leather and black vinyl top would be great combinations which are surprisingly uncommon in surviving 1964 Imperials. Having owned a '64 Imperial LeBaron for 36 years and wanting one for 50, I have only seen one in Madison gray and two in Charcoal Gray.

Wow, that's crazy! It must have been painted a few times then cause that turqouise is definately there, I just assumed it was the original color. Pnt is for sure mm, I'll for sure go with that then. Also, I'll retake that pic. Thanks for the info.

I'm seeing "MM" for the paint code, with my handy-dandy screen magnifier.

Middle Row: A5, B2, C3, D4, E6, F7, H5, K1, M7, N1, Q1, S1, T1, V4, W5, X2

Top row: 6-1, 7-1, 8-2, 9-9, 1049 934

You know, I actually like that gray...allot. I mean its original, and the original color.
So letme ask you guys this, you said 49th built... is that 49 of 2949, or, just the 49th built that day?

Remember, the 300 letter cars and the Imperial were built on the same line, so I'm pretty sure that is the 49th car built that day, if that is indeed what that number represents.

Yes, by that time Imperial production was combined back with Chrysler at Jefferson Avenue, so that number shows nothing do do with the model of the car. (Imperial was given its own exclusive plant in Dearborn on Warren Ave for the 1959-1961 model years.) It was the 49th car off the line that day.
I wonder what the mood was like in the plant, as Kennedy had been shot just a week before.

Back