Need help deciding!

64-LeBaron

Reaction score
Well, now that my car is all one color, and not 15... I've been really thinking about paint.
Originally it was silver turqouise, then was repainted roman red at one point.
I like the roman red, and more importantly so does the wife...but i would like the car to be original as possible. Is one color more common than the other?
Conundrum.
Thoughts? 1270126_956611977686753_7450584673014836257_o (1).jpg10333235_957074010973883_8124652124000737827_o (1).jpg

1270126_956611977686753_7450584673014836257_o (1).jpg

10333235_957074010973883_8124652124000737827_o (1).jpg

Maybe you and the wife can come to a compromise. So she's happy and you get to have peace and tranquility, huh? lol. Roman red not the worse choice if you ask me though.

Very true.
She's allways saying that you don't see that color on cars from the era... and the turqouise is everywhere. Kind of in agreement there.

Paint it red. Your wife likes it that color.

Black is nice.. and I love black cars. But they are a pain in the neck to keep clean and looking nice... and they are more $$ to paint... but I do love black cars.

Go with the original color keeping with the original as possible theme.... unless you can't stand that color

Red is the fastest colour!!!

Next to White with a red interior of course
:wtg::wtg::wtg:

The Step Stool grey looks pretty good too..
attachment.php

Ya for sure, black is a pain... and for this car its too "on the nose" to me. Also I don't hate the turqouise I actually like it, id just hate to have a common color.
Maybe this will help, originally it had a vinyl top and will again... black.

Oh, and thanks!

Stick with the red, it's not that common on a Imperial ...... looks good ...... the wife likes it .... It won't effect the value.

Black cars are nice, but as said .... tough to maintain. Besides, black is a pretty common color on Imperials.

Ya for sure, black is a pain... and for this car its too "on the nose" to me. Also I don't hate the turqouise I actually like it, id just hate to have a common color.
Maybe this will help, originally it had a vinyl top and will again... black.

Oh, and thanks!
Common color? Yeah, I just hate it when I go to a car show and there's rows and rows of '64 Imperials all the same color... sorry couldn't resist
Black interior and black vinyl top needs a darker exterior color. I would go for the triple black!

Heres a shot from a show I attended a couple weeks ago ...... "Gee, what color is your Imperial" ....
is that from the Imperial event in TN?
My Imperials are the only Imperials I've seen ever at a local event (but then I don't go to many). That's all my comment was about.

Maybe you and the wife can come to a compromise. So she's happy and you get to have peace and tranquility, huh? lol. Roman red not the worse choice if you ask me though.

and to think this night my wife called my cars stupid...

Red is a more of a sporty color and looks better on a coupe or convertible. Roman Red itself is not the most appealing red, though. I ended up using a Corvette red when restoring my '64 Crown Convertible. I also have a Silver Turquoise '64 Crown Coupe with black vinyl top and I think it is very appealing. I don't think it is a color combination that you see a lot of. Having said that, if you are not a big KK-1 fan, then black is hard to beat, especially since the LeBaron is more of a formal car and you have black interior. I wouldn't worry about other people's colorrs; go with what you like. You have one of 2949, so it is rare by definition.

Back