Need help with parts !

64300conv

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick refresher I've been around for awhile now. When I got my 64 Newport conv project I quickly realized I got screwed and jumped ship on that roach . I then found a nice restored 1964 300 K conv witch I bought for me and my father (mostly him) to drive . I'm a b body guy.
I was taking care of an older guy for some years now retired seabees . And sadly I found him dead the other day . Long story short he left me everything since I took care of him like he was my own family. So I inherited his car a 1968 ply sport fury conv (I have it listed for sale ) I really don't have the room for it and when I sell his house it will need to get out of the garage. So since ove technically never restored a c body before I need a little help on who you guys use .

Mainly the interior is starting to show its age I'd like to reupholster the seats and replace the door panels . Also I'd like to find nice or repo fender emblems as the ones on the car are starting to crack a little. I see year one has nothing for c body's . Is there a trustworthy company I can deal with ?
IMAG1423_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0994_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1424_BURST002.jpg

Nice car. Sad story. There will be a special place in heaven for your kindness.

Legendary makes upholstery kits for '68 Sport Furys. Dante's is a Legendary vendor with good prices. Dante’s | Mopar Parts Catalog |Classic Muscle Car Parts – Buy Mopar Parts and Classic Auto Accessories Online

You will have to find good used door panels. Perhaps you can improve them by re-dyeing them.

The red/white/blue fender emblems are being reproduced. They recently became available for $150/pair. Contact Murray Park in Ohio. He does not have them listed in his on-line story yet so you will need to call or email him. Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

I have been playing with 68 Furys for 25 years so please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Bill

My suggestion is to sell it as is. You won't get your investment (time and money) back as it won't raise the selling price that much.

I wish you luck and commend you for taking care of the gentleman, may he rest in peace.

Judging from the photos provided in the ad For Sale - 1968 sport fury conv, that car looks perfectly sellable as it stands. Any additional work would run the risk of errors. Sh** if I had the money, the only thing I'd change would be the wheel covers.

May he rest in peace and may his ride be taken into loving hands.

I would change the wheel overs. Hubcaps.com has original '68 Fury wheelcovers. The 14inch are 4 for $100. The 15 inch are a little more. Other than that let the next owner decide. Some would rather a worn original interior,because it gives the car character. Look at some actresses that have had attempted a " restoration" instead of keeping their character, like Faye Dunaway and Meg Ryan, oh boy, bad results. They should have left well enough alone. Your old friend rewarded you for your kindness and charitable actions(rare today) by leaving you the car and possessions he loved. Let someone else enjoy them just as he did.

I agree, nice car, sad story.

If the Plymouths were like the similar Chryslers, which I suspect they probably were, then the interior color code has a pearl tint to it. As it ages, that pearl can look like "scum" on a white interior that won't come off. If not pearl, then a metallic tint. End result, if you attempt to re-dye it, you can cover up that stuff with "flat" dye ( non-pearl, non-metallic) and the interior will look more like what Ford or GM used for colors. When you get it cleaned, you can see that "tint" in the light.

Clean it up, detail it, make it look as good as it can look. I concur about the wheel covers, which can be put in the trunk when you get the correct ones on the car. Make sure it runs reliably, too. Does the top still work well? Then sell it to somebody that will appreciate it.

CBODY67

Back