Need matching vinyl

Murray

Reaction score
I'm looking for vinyl to make my seats out of. It's a winter project and something I've wanted to try out. The ba k seats are ok, need a bit of work. The fronts are beat up, here's a pic of the best one.

It's a 66 300 4 door hardtop, the interior is an off white. Sort of a cream with a silver sheen to it. Anyone know what this color was called originally? I'd like to source it locally (Ontario, Canada) if possible.

20220117_213052.jpg
20201028_112448.jpg

Pearl White. The ONLY white which Chrysler used for many years. Unlike Ford or GM, Chrysler vinyl had a "pearl coat" to the base color which gave it a fancier, nicer look. With age, the pearl can look a bit dingy/dirty, but you cannot get that off, as some sections of my '67 CE23 pearl white bucket seat interior have around the corners. One place in particular is the top of the driver's seat back upper corner. What first appeared to be just oily skin residue (front the prior owner touching it a lot) turned out to be just the aged pearl coating on the base white vinyl.

The interesting thing is that you might not really key on the pearl aspect of the color until you put a Ford (creamy) or GM (blue) white against it. THEN the Chrysler pearl really pops out!

The last year Chrysler used the pearl trim codes was 1973, with the 1974 models all being "pure" colors.

You can get the trim codes in the Library section of www.hamtramck-historical.com .

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Welcome Murray. There is a search box at the top of the page. You can usually find the answer to any questions you have about your C body there.

Same as what my 67 Polara has., I went to a local trim shop and looked through their manufacturer sample books. I found an exact match, right down to the grain and bought 10 yards for about $300.00 including shipping. Same at SMS was over $800.00.

As with your car, I only had to re upholster the front seats.

polara interior.JPG

Last edited:
I'm looking for vinyl to make my seats out of. It's a winter project and something I've wanted to try out. The ba k seats are ok, need a bit of work. The fronts are beat up, here's a pic of the best one.

It's a 66 300 4 door hardtop, the interior is an off white. Sort of a cream with a silver sheen to it. Anyone know what this color was called originally? I'd like to source it locally (Ontario, Canada) if possible.

View attachment 510342View attachment 510343
That material could be purchased relatively local to you, from Legendary Auto Interiors in Newark, NY. It has been a number of years, but they probably still have it available.

Back