Need Seat buns for 67 New Yorker

67yorkerboi

Reaction score
Looking for seat buns for a 67 New Yorker. Already contacted legends and they don’t do them. Any ideas or help would be great. I’ve scoured the webs.

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

I would think the bucket seat cushions would interchange, but the "lean backs" would be unique to the Chrysler models. BUT consider, too, that a good trim shop should be able to rebuild what you have as it's just like a bench seat with zig-zag springs, burlap, and sheet foam. Other than what the seat covers have in them for their contours and such.

Finding a good trim shop in your area might be "a trick". As the car season is dawning this year, plan to network with car club and cruise-in acquaintances as to where to get these things done. In talking to the trim shops, emphasize that you want an "OEM-level" result. Do not mention "show quality" as that could drive the prices upward for very similar work. Finding the few shops which can deliver OEM-level work can take some time, as my prior recommendations of where new car dealers sent their warranty trim work might not apply as much as they used to, but it's still something to inquire with dealership service managers about.

Legendary is a good source for Plymouth and Dodges, but Quirey might be a better place for Chrysler items as he bought the prior Gary Goers operation. Gary built the award-winning interiors for Letter Car 300s. Not sure how different the NY buckets might be, but it might be worth a chance.

In the end, a great regional shop might be your best bet.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I purchased a set for my 65 300. Totally differnt seat buns but that supplier may have something. I will go to the garage (remote) and see if i can find the supplier. BTW, my uphostery shop said they needed rework.
Mark

I purchased a set for my 65 300. Totally differnt seat buns but that supplier may have something. I will go to the garage (remote) and see if i can find the supplier. BTW, my uphostery shop said they needed rework.
Mark
I would love to know the supplier. I called the big names and nobody has or makes the seat foam

Back