Neutral switch wiring, 3 prong

Furious65 Fury

Reaction score
Can anyone out there tell me as simple as possible just where these 3 wires attach. I had the transmission rebuilt and the shop shorted out some of the wiring. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. (65 fury w/67 trans)

The 67 trans should still have a single connection nss. That's pretty simple.

Now if they've changed the rooster comb on the valve body or the valve body itself, and that is configured for a 3 wire nss, then the center connection goes to the starter relay and the 2 outside connections are for reverse lights on a '69 up car. One is power in and the other is power out to the reverse lights, but your '65 really isn't wired like that for reverse lights, unless you've removed the reverse light switch from your shifter.

Simple enough?

Oh and if they put the wrong switch in, find another trans shop.

I should add that if they haven't changed the rooster comb or valve body, that 3 wire nss won't work with reverse lights, but should work with the starter relay connection.

A picture of the shorted wiring would be helpful.
I also agree with finding another trans shop. Did they leave the wires against an exhaust pipe and burn them?

A picture of the shorted wiring would be helpful.
I also agree with finding another trans shop. Did they leave the wires against an exhaust pipe and burn them?
They would not own up to any fault of their own, I fixed the shorted wires and I am driving the car, I just wasn't to sure of the NSS. Thanks so much for the help.

They would not own up to any fault of their own, I fixed the shorted wires and I am driving the car, I just wasn't to sure of the NSS. Thanks so much for the help.
So did they change the valve body during the rebuild and that's why it has the 3-wire connector?

Back