New 1968 Newport owner - have a few questions about upgrades and mods

Interesting about the crown vic. Would that be the entire assembly, brakes too? Wonder if that's a good alternative to update that front end in general and not focus on piecing the disk brakes together yet? I do plan to update the 383 to a 440 once I sell that Harley

All good points about the car. I haven't don't anything yet that isn't reversible. I'll be driving it a little longer before I do anything crazy. The rims aren't on the car despite that picture. Have the stock 14s on it. There won't be any obvious external changes. Anything will be behind the scenes. Biggest external changes might be a grant steering wheel and debating to update the stereo to modern but will be keeping it mostly stick looking outside

Interesting about the crown vic. Would that be the entire assembly, brakes too? Wonder if that's a good alternative to update that front end in general and not focus on piecing the disk brakes together yet? I do plan to update the 383 to a 440 once I sell that Harley
Disc brakes and rack and pinion

"Crown Vic" = Panther Platform = Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car, too.

If you’re gonna air bag it make sure you’ve ridden in one. I had tons of mini-truck friends and some of them did full size on bags. The one thing they all had in common is that they rode like dog$#%t or were downright scary at speed. Right now I bet that big dude rides like magic carpet. If you bag it kiss all that goodbye. No more crossing gutters railroad etc at speed. There was a custom caddy that came to the goodguys in Scottsdale every year and it was bagged on 20s so I know exactly what you’re going for. It was pretty bad ***, he’d burn a big X on the lawn when he parked and dropped it. Good luck & cool car man.

Dont forget the brakes i got 14in on my fury with a irs. You dont wont tiny brakes with big rims

1460305396268.jpg

Looks wonderful,,,,,,,are the holes in the fender to help cool the disc brakes?
You are throwing good money into a sinking ship.
Didnt want to cut up a clean car plus i love this thing rust and all. Even did efi holley terminator

1460137874015.jpg

Hey,,, it's all good. What ever floats your boat.

All good points about the car. I haven't don't anything yet that isn't reversible. I'll be driving it a little longer before I do anything crazy. The rims aren't on the car despite that picture. Have the stock 14s on it. There won't be any obvious external changes. Anything will be behind the scenes. Biggest external changes might be a grant steering wheel and debating to update the stereo to modern but will be keeping it mostly stick looking outside
The c4 corvette stuff will give you better wheel options and big brake options these cars can be found for around 2000 to 4500 and if you really get creative you can put the independent rear suspension under it and fab air bags

Interesting. I would not have thought they'd fit just glancing at them.
They fit really nice on this fury even have room for 24x10 in the back but if they were to be used one sould update the wheel studs and lug nuts.

Back